Where can I check AMCAS status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiMDHopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok this might be a stupid question but where can I go to check my AMCAS application status on the web? Ive read that there is a web method but I can't find it. When I log into my application it's the same as it was when I submitted it in that all boxes except for "Certification and Transmission" are checked. I know Ive submitted it and it went thru though because I got an email from AMCAS saying they will notify me when it's been forwarded out. Anyways to make a long story short...please can someone tell me where I can check the status? THank :)

Members don't see this ad.

There's no real status check (yet), but you can see meaningless dates like "date submitted", "date processed", "date confirmed", etc. by going to the print app screen. there you can also see the "dates" that your app has been "transmitted" to schools, although these "dates" are a bunch of "bull****" and "crap" and "lies".

The only way to check your status is to call AMCAS. 202-828-0600. The dates next to the schools refer to the dates that AMCAS sent out preliminary info (name, address, phone, e-mail) although they are not very accurate. I've gotten e-mails and secondaries from schools on my list that have no dates next to them, and haven't heard a word from schools with dates a few days after I submitted. It's important to make sure they have your transcripts and your payment, otherwise they put a "hold" on your app. Lots of people have had problems with AMCAS losing their transcripts or having no record of their payment.