Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

where can i find some acceptance numbers on TCOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by hilikus, Mar 17, 2004.

1. hilikus

hilikus Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As a texas resident and a ft worth native tcom is some place i'd really like to be. Can anyone help me find some info on what kinds of number they tend to accept? I have a friend who got accepted with a high gpa (3.7) and a low mcat (23). Not that I am aiming low but Im a non-trad and I just want to get a good idea of where I need to be.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jtorres

jtorres Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hilikus, i wish i could be of more help but i believe their stats may be posted on their websiteo or on aacomas. i heart many people say that you dont need as high stats to get into DO programs but even if that were true it may not apply to TCOM. the students there have good nos. (3.54) or atleast average and good MCAT scores (26-28) that may be crappy to some but it's good enough for me b/c i am non-trad myself. the few students there that i know love it and it was top 20 in US news report a while back (I think). plus your right Ft. worth is nice. anyway good luck

4. hilikus

hilikus Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Jtorres.

I haven't decided if I want md or do but it really comes down to where i get accepted (if at all). I have heard a lot of good things about TCOM. My grandma has a total hip replacement and a triple bypass done there and she loved her doctors. I am really starting to become aware of the prejudice towards do's and I just don't understand it. They can do anything an MD can do.

5. STAC

STAC Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

These are TOTALLY ballpark numbers that I am trying to remember from my interview....

~1500 apply
    ~400 interview
    ~120 accepted

GPA ~3.6
    MCAT ~27

I am guessing on these numbers. They are not exact but, I think they are pretty close. Good luck.

6. DORoe

DORoe BWAAA HAAA HAAA
    7+ Year Member

Here is what my princton review book gives

Overall GPA = 3.58
    Science GPA= 3.55
    MCAT Bio= 9.32
    MCAT Phys = 8.67
    MCAT Verbal = 7.4

applied 1261
    % accepted 14

*note: This is the 2002 edition*