Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Where can I get in

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by brownman24, Oct 17, 2002.

1. brownman24

brownman24 Member
    7+ Year Member

OK, i usually don't like these threads, but I want to know what everyone thinks.

My GPA was low at a good school. 3.19 with a strong upward trend (3.6 over last 2 years). Science GPA 2.9, also upward trend. Took MCAT once B-11, P-12, V-11, Q. I am now getting a MPH with mainly science coursework, bacteriology, virology, parasitology, biology of vectors, stats, etc. and I am doing well in these classes. I submitted pretty early, had all my secondaries out by mid-August. I had interviews at SUNY Downstate, Albany, and one coming up at SUNY Upstate. I would like to stay in NY. what are my chances with Einstein or Mt. Sinai? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mvervaine

mvervaine Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

/\
    |
    |
    |

if i knew the answer to that question, i would've only applied to 1 school and saved myself lots of dough.

seriously though, upward trend is always good, and your mcats are decent, so i'll go ahead and say you have a shot. i think sinai posts higher avg stats than einstein, but there is so much unpredictability in this process that it's impossible to know.

best of luck.

4. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'd apply to mostly third teir schools. Do well in your MPH program and you have a decent shot.