Where can I get in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownman24

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, i usually don't like these threads, but I want to know what everyone thinks.

My GPA was low at a good school. 3.19 with a strong upward trend (3.6 over last 2 years). Science GPA 2.9, also upward trend. Took MCAT once B-11, P-12, V-11, Q. I am now getting a MPH with mainly science coursework, bacteriology, virology, parasitology, biology of vectors, stats, etc. and I am doing well in these classes. I submitted pretty early, had all my secondaries out by mid-August. I had interviews at SUNY Downstate, Albany, and one coming up at SUNY Upstate. I would like to stay in NY. what are my chances with Einstein or Mt. Sinai? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

/\
|
|
|

if i knew the answer to that question, i would've only applied to 1 school and saved myself lots of dough.

seriously though, upward trend is always good, and your mcats are decent, so i'll go ahead and say you have a shot. i think sinai posts higher avg stats than einstein, but there is so much unpredictability in this process that it's impossible to know.

best of luck.

I'd apply to mostly third teir schools. Do well in your MPH program and you have a decent shot.