-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Where did you match???
Started by psychalicious
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am particularly interested in hearing from sga!! 😛 You really deserve a good outcome!
barnes jewish rocks!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
U MICH for me as well...my #1
O
OBfan
U MICH for me as well...my #1
Just want to know if any of you guys that matched at UMICH are IMG's. I'm really considering going next year and would love to know if they take IMG's
Thanks
Lutheran General in Chicago. Now to find a house within half an hour that I can afford.
matched at UKMC! it seems like a great program in a nice place. anyone else matche here??
Which number was that?
Stanford! YIPEEEE😍
matched at UKMC! it seems like a great program in a nice place. anyone else matche here??
Not sure where that is... maybe you mean UMKC (Univ of Missouri, Kansas City), or KUMC (Kansas Univ) - either way, congrats.
Which number was that?
Depending on which program it was 🙂)):
Kansas University Kansas city - number 19
UM Kansas City - number 22
So UKMC probably means University of Kansas Medical Center which was number 19 on the list. So everyone that said you have to be crazy to rank more than 10 programs for psych can now eat their hats. EAT THEM I SAY!
Gulp. That's doesn't taste good.

sga,
Seriously, I'm sorry you didn't match much higher on the list. I figured with you getting so many invites, you would have matched at your top 10.
I take back everything I said about going on too many interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So UKMC probably means University of Kansas Medical Center which was number 19 on the list. So everyone that said you have to be crazy to rank more than 10 programs for psych can now eat their hats. EAT THEM I SAY!
i am an IMG so i need to rank more. also i feel i under ranked UKMC and the more i look into it, the more i realize i lucked out. i should have ranked ukmc higher on my list. i didnt put much effort into ranking the ones below 10 on my list. i also by mistake over ranked some of the coastal programs. my whole life i have lived near the coast. i had some apprehensions about being away from the coast but kansas city is a great place.
also i interviewed at many impossible programs so 19 is not low. it is in my top half of my list.
at first i was bummed i didnt get my top 5. however everyday i learn more i am happy and realize ukmc should have been in my top 10. go blujays!!
go blujays!!
So...being from Kansas, I would say we still have a puzzle as to where sga matched. UMKC (University Missouri-Kansas City) are the Kangaroos, and KUMC (University of Kansas) are the Jayhawks.
I'm just kidding, sga, I'm sure you meant Jayhawks instead of blujays. However, since I went to undergrad at the in-state rival, Kansas State (The Wildcats), I was amused by your post...and I'm sure I can tell you a few other things we like to call the "Jayhawks". (Although, they probably wouldn't make it through the filter on this message board!).
By the way, I have KU losing in the next game in my NCAA bracket. Even after all these years, I just can't cheer for them!

i am an IMG so i need to rank more. also i feel i under ranked UKMC and the more i look into it, the more i realize i lucked out. i should have ranked ukmc higher on my list. i didnt put much effort into ranking the ones below 10 on my list. i also by mistake over ranked some of the coastal programs. my whole life i have lived near the coast. i had some apprehensions about being away from the coast but kansas city is a great place.
also i interviewed at many impossible programs so 19 is not low. it is in my top half of my list.
at first i was bummed i didnt get my top 5. however everyday i learn more i am happy and realize ukmc should have been in my top 10. go blujays!!
i just wanted to say to sga that i admire your attitude throughout this whole process. i've been a whiney brat about getting my #2- i read your posts and i feel like a jacka$$. it sounds like you have a positive outlook, and with that, im sure you will be happy and successful in kansas city. i wish the same for everyone! 👍
i just wanted to say to sga that i admire your attitude throughout this whole process. i've been a whiney brat about getting my #2- i read your posts and i feel like a jacka$$. it sounds like you have a positive outlook, and with that, im sure you will be happy and successful in kansas city. i wish the same for everyone! 👍
it is a matter of ur expectations. i knew from the get go i will not get harvard nor ucla as i didnt get interviews there.
however if i got below 30 on my list i would have been whinier than u. i understand. i am sure ur #2 is not as undesirable as my #30 (lol ur #2 probably showed me no love.)
in retrospect i feel i underanked the program i matched as i realize i would have been unhappier at ones above where i matched. it was my own fault as i didnt pay mutch attention to below 12 on my list. i also weighed the state in which the program was instead of using the precise location. as a resident it is impractical to be 2 hours from a desirable location except if ur significant other lives there. to live in a nice city is better than be 2 hours away from a nicer place IMHO.
its best to go with an open mind and be happy. u may end up liking it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 446
