Where did you match???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychalicious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats everyone!

I'll start-got my # 1 University of Wisconsin-Madison. Extremely excited!

Anyone else headed to the land of cheese? PM me!

Members don't see this ad.

I am particularly interested in hearing from sga!! :p You really deserve a good outcome!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we have two competing threads....

Got UMICH!!!!! :hardy:

portland, maine

U MICH for me as well...my #1

Lutheran General in Chicago. Now to find a house within half an hour that I can afford.

matched at UKMC! it seems like a great program in a nice place. anyone else matche here??

So UKMC probably means University of Kansas Medical Center which was number 19 on the list. So everyone that said you have to be crazy to rank more than 10 programs for psych can now eat their hats. EAT THEM I SAY!

So UKMC probably means University of Kansas Medical Center which was number 19 on the list. So everyone that said you have to be crazy to rank more than 10 programs for psych can now eat their hats. EAT THEM I SAY!

Gulp. That's doesn't taste good. :barf:

sga,

Seriously, I'm sorry you didn't match much higher on the list. I figured with you getting so many invites, you would have matched at your top 10.

I take back everything I said about going on too many interviews.

i am an IMG so i need to rank more. also i feel i under ranked UKMC and the more i look into it, the more i realize i lucked out. i should have ranked ukmc higher on my list. i didnt put much effort into ranking the ones below 10 on my list. i also by mistake over ranked some of the coastal programs. my whole life i have lived near the coast. i had some apprehensions about being away from the coast but kansas city is a great place.

also i interviewed at many impossible programs so 19 is not low. it is in my top half of my list.

at first i was bummed i didnt get my top 5. however everyday i learn more i am happy and realize ukmc should have been in my top 10. go blujays!!

go blujays!!

So...being from Kansas, I would say we still have a puzzle as to where sga matched. UMKC (University Missouri-Kansas City) are the Kangaroos, and KUMC (University of Kansas) are the Jayhawks.

I'm just kidding, sga, I'm sure you meant Jayhawks instead of blujays. However, since I went to undergrad at the in-state rival, Kansas State (The Wildcats), I was amused by your post...and I'm sure I can tell you a few other things we like to call the "Jayhawks". (Although, they probably wouldn't make it through the filter on this message board!).

By the way, I have KU losing in the next game in my NCAA bracket. Even after all these years, I just can't cheer for them! :laugh:

lol. i stand corrected. go JayHawks. :)

i am an IMG so i need to rank more. also i feel i under ranked UKMC and the more i look into it, the more i realize i lucked out. i should have ranked ukmc higher on my list. i didnt put much effort into ranking the ones below 10 on my list. i also by mistake over ranked some of the coastal programs. my whole life i have lived near the coast. i had some apprehensions about being away from the coast but kansas city is a great place.

also i interviewed at many impossible programs so 19 is not low. it is in my top half of my list.

at first i was bummed i didnt get my top 5. however everyday i learn more i am happy and realize ukmc should have been in my top 10. go blujays!!

i just wanted to say to sga that i admire your attitude throughout this whole process. i've been a whiney brat about getting my #2- i read your posts and i feel like a jacka$$. it sounds like you have a positive outlook, and with that, im sure you will be happy and successful in kansas city. i wish the same for everyone! :thumbup:

i just wanted to say to sga that i admire your attitude throughout this whole process. i've been a whiney brat about getting my #2- i read your posts and i feel like a jacka$$. it sounds like you have a positive outlook, and with that, im sure you will be happy and successful in kansas city. i wish the same for everyone! :thumbup:

it is a matter of ur expectations. i knew from the get go i will not get harvard nor ucla as i didnt get interviews there.

however if i got below 30 on my list i would have been whinier than u. i understand. i am sure ur #2 is not as undesirable as my #30 (lol ur #2 probably showed me no love.)

in retrospect i feel i underanked the program i matched as i realize i would have been unhappier at ones above where i matched. it was my own fault as i didnt pay mutch attention to below 12 on my list. i also weighed the state in which the program was instead of using the precise location. as a resident it is impractical to be 2 hours from a desirable location except if ur significant other lives there. to live in a nice city is better than be 2 hours away from a nicer place IMHO.

its best to go with an open mind and be happy. u may end up liking it.