Where do I send summer (updated) transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LBJ2Chicago

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took a summer course and was wondering where I should send the transcripts.

Some schools indicate that I should send the transcripts to AACOMAS whereas other schools want them sent to themselves. It seems to be a little contradictory. Will AACOMAS update my profile and resend it out to the schools? Please let me know...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey, I just did this,

you have to send it to AACOMAS but be warned they are EXTREMELY slow in updating it, it took over a month for them to update my GPA and re-release my apps to schools.

You don't have to send them specifically schools, I know some of them say this, so I sent it to VCOM like they asked and after they got them, they sent me an e-mail saying that I didn't have to do that and that I could've sent them an unofficial one. So I would say send a copy to AACOMAS and only send official transcripts to 1 or 2 schools that you are really really interested in since AACOMAS is gonna take forever. And e-mail the rest of the schools, w/an unofficial transcript and let them know that the new aacomas should be on the way.

hey, I just did this,

you have to send it to AACOMAS but be warned they are EXTREMELY slow in updating it, it took over a month for them to update my GPA and re-release my apps to schools.

You don't have to send them specifically schools, I know some of them say this, so I sent it to VCOM like they asked and after they got them, they sent me an e-mail saying that I didn't have to do that and that I could've sent them an unofficial one. So I would say send a copy to AACOMAS and only send official transcripts to 1 or 2 schools that you are really really interested in since AACOMAS is gonna take forever. And e-mail the rest of the schools, w/an unofficial transcript and let them know that the new aacomas should be on the way.

:thumbup: I was curious how long AACOMAS was going to take too. My plan (course ends in 2 weeks) is to send an official transcript to AACOMAS and mail unofficial transcripts to every school still considering me along with a letter of my newly calculated GPA (unofficially of course). It will at least help let them know that it is on it way

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: I was curious how long AACOMAS was going to take too. My plan (course ends in 2 weeks) is to send an official transcript to AACOMAS and mail unofficial transcripts to every school still considering me along with a letter of my newly calculated GPA (unofficially of course). It will at least help let them know that it is on it way

thats a good plan, I think my transcripts were officially sent out on like the 23rd of July, and aacomas acknowledged their receipt like 2 weeks ago, a little over a month

While this thread is on the topic of transcripts... My updated transcript got sent to AACOMAS without the attached transcript request form. I have contacted AACOMAS asking if they will still accept the transcript, but haven't gotten an answer. Does anyone know if they will accept it without the form or should I go ahead and send another one so that it gets updated quicker?

I never sent the form in with any of my transcripts; original or update so u should be ok.

I never sent the form in with any of my transcripts; original or update so u should be ok.

Do you think that possibly could have been part of the reason it took so long to get them filed (a month is quite a while)

I suppose, can't know for sure, but def a possibility

That may have been the case because my first transcript was added to aacomas within 2 weeks of sending it. It has been about 2 weeks since I sent it so I guess I might as well wait. Thank you for the help!