Where do I stand??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrTeeth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application in the end of june, and took my dat's at the beginning of august, and got a 17PAT, 20TOTAL, 20SCIENCE, with a 3.86 GPA through AADSAS, and have been working as a dental manager at non-profit clinic for over a year, and shadowed for a year with a total of 250hrs, participated in political campaign with WSDA to fluoridate water and my file went out COMPLETE in mid august, and still have not heard anything back from NYU, UW, UoP, CU, USC, Tufts, or NOVA regarding interviews, but I got an interview at OHSU. Any ideas guys??

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application in the end of june, and took my dat's at the beginning of august, and got a 17PAT, 20TOTAL, 20SCIENCE, with a 3.86 GPA through AADSAS, and have been working as a dental manager at non-profit clinic for over a year, and shadowed for a year with a total of 250hrs, participated in political campaign with WSDA to fluoridate water and my file went out COMPLETE in mid august, and still have not heard anything back from NYU, UW, UoP, CU, USC, Tufts, or NOVA regarding interviews, but I got an interview at OHSU. Any ideas guys??

We have pretty close numbers (my gpa is a bit lower while my DAT is a bit higher), submitted application at the same time and took our DAT at the same time (mine was Aug. 23rd.). I am sitting on a few interviews as listed below but not from OHSU.

I think you will be hearing from NYU soon. I received my interview about 2 1/2 weeks ago and my interview is on 10/31 so they are still giving out dates well before Dec. 1st. I think NOVA is pretty much a done deal now unless you can get an earlier date via a cancellation. I was invited like 2 months ago for a Feb. date but was able to go early this month due to a cancellation. USC is a mystery for me too. My brother just graduated from their D-school so I am expecting a little bit of lovin' but nothing so far. UW-are you a WA resi? Very hard to get attention if you aren't a resident I've heard. Colorado is the same, pretty much can't get in unless you are from there. I don't know anything about Tufts.

Doesn't help much but if I were you I would have applied to more east coast privates. It looks like you are trying to stay in the west but if you aren't from California you have to be willing to head out east. West coast state schools pretty much stick to their own with the
exception of Oregon.

EDIT: I just realized the CU might not be Colorado but Columbia.

I am a UW resident, but still have not gotten any notice of an interview from them. Oregon is my second choice since it is pretty close, but I've heard that they lost state funding and are not up to date on their operatories. My interview is there on Tuesday, so I guess I will see.

Thank you for the response, good luck with your interview.

well, u're doing a lot better than those without interviews. people have better DAT but dont have one.