Where Do I Stand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kdiddy

Kobe-Jack 24
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
whats up guys. i took the dat recently and got a 20 AA with high scores in all of the sciences. However, i got 16's in both math and pat. my gpa is hovering around 3.9 and i have many extras. i will apply for 2008. do you guys think im in good shape. where should i apply?

ChronarchB

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
dentistry is not for you. with that terrible gpa and and a 20AA on the dat you have no chance........... please do a search before making these "do i have a shot" post.

KOM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats up guys. i took the dat recently and got a 20 AA with high scores in all of the sciences. However, i got 16's in both math and pat. my gpa is hovering around 3.9 and i have many extras. i will apply for 2008. do you guys think im in good shape. where should i apply?

Personally, I wouldn't be phased with the 16 in math as long as I did well in the sciences.

However, if it were me with those scores, I would be concerned with the 16 PAT and would re-take it. This is just me.

I do think the high AA and the high TS sections would definitely be sufficient to off-set the bit below average PAT mark though, especially with a 3.9 GPA.

aggie-master

Scrub
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You will probably get in somewhere with those stats.

Personally, I don't like to take risks and I'd probably try to take it again in the summer and bring those 16s up to at least a 17. I've heard that some schools want you to have a decent score in everything (or at least everything but math).

J

jackbauer!

i think you're good to go...however, i would check to make sure the schools you're applying to don't have a 17 cut-off for any sections of the DAT (not sure if any schools do). Then I would probably call my top choice schools (over the summer, not now!) and ask to speak with a dean about those low scores & see if it's going to be a problem.

Just do your research (i.e. don't apply to UOP b/c they like high PAT scores) and apply early and you should be good to go!

jb!:)