Where do I stand

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calc141

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so i just took my dats and wanted to know where i stand or if i should take them again.

Bio 17
Gen Chem 19
Org. Chem 15
RC 19
QR 20
PAT 20
AA 18

I have a 3.83 gpa....where do i stand for temple, umdnj,nyu,maryland . I am kinda scared .................

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, so i just took my dats and wanted to know where i stand or if i should take them again.

Bio 17
Gen Chem 19
Org. Chem 15
RC 19
QR 20
PAT 20
AA 18

I have a 3.83 gpa....where do i stand for temple, umdnj,nyu,maryland . I am kinda scared .................

If you take it again and can pull Bio up to around 18-19 and Organic also around 18-19 then you're golden. Shouldn't be hard at all..get DAT Destroyer to help you with Orgo because it's really not hard stuff. Very doable..

I agree with pbure. You have an outstanding gpa. If you were able to pull off a 3.83 gpa, you defnitely have the intelligence and work ethic to boost your o-chem and bio scores to the high teens to low 20's. I would set a test date for Dec and keep practicing the DAT.

If you can pull off a DAT of 20-21 with your gpa, I would think that you would get multiple offers.

Check out all the Low QR threads. You should feel proud of your QR score. There are numerous SDN'ers that are convinced that no one can get a 20 on QR. You just proved them wrong! I got 21 on QR last Sept, but some believe that the "new" QR test changed....

Wow you 2 i really appreciate the quick reply and thanks for the advice! Your right I studied a lot harder for school tests than I did for the DATs. I guess studying during the summer wasnt the best idea! I think Im gonna try again. I have another question. A friend of mine didnt do so well on the DATs and is miserable bc of it. She got 2 low scores i.e. 13 and a 14 on 2 sections. She will def. take it again but she thinks dental school will look down upon these past scores even if she does well on the second time around. Is this true?

I believe the decision to retake the DAT should be based on the combination of your 1st DAT scores, your gpa, what schools you're targeting, and how much time you have.

Since you gpa is so high, I think that you should try to get a DAT score that complements your gpa. As of today, some schools will wonder why you scored a weak Bio score of 17, and terrible OC score of 15. In this case, retaking the DAT proves that you have the capacity to excel on the two most important DAT topics.

In the case of your friend, she HAS to retake the DAT because a 13 and 14 can be viewed either as incompetence or lack of dedication. Therefore, she has no choice but to show improvement.

Scoring high the 1st time is always better than scoring high a 2nd time after a mediocure DAT, but showing a high re-take is infinitely better than only having a single mediocure score.

What do you think?