Where do I stand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfray

currently at work
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Called schools I didn't hear back from dec 3rd ( 2 of which was my top choice) and told me that I'm still under consideration and I'm not on the wait list or rejected.. I want to ask, is this better than being on the wait list? Anyone from last cycle was in the same situation last year and did those schools ever got back to you?

Members don't see this ad.

Called schools I didn't hear back from dec 3rd ( 2 of which was my top choice) and told me that I'm still under consideration and I'm not on the wait list or rejected.. I want to ask, is this better than being on the wait list? Anyone from last cycle was in the same situation last year and did those schools ever got back to you?

may I ask what your top choices are?

At my LECOM interview we were told that if you weren't rejected or put on a wait list that it was the best position to be in for a potential second round acceptance. Obviously getting a yes on Monday would have been ideal, but I believe your chances are better than someone who is wait listed. Disclaimer .... This is what I was told at LECOM and I could totally have misunderstood and be completely wrong too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im also in this position for stony

At my LECOM interview we were told that if you weren't rejected or put on a wait list that it was the best position to be in for a potential second round acceptance. Obviously getting a yes on Monday would have been ideal, but I believe your chances are better than someone who is wait listed. Disclaimer .... This is what I was told at LECOM and I could totally have misunderstood and be completely wrong too.

it is correct. called to confirm

You're good for now. Just secure the seat at UB...worst case scenario you'll lose the meager deposit to go to the school you really want. Sucks to lose it, but in the grand scheme of things it hardly matters!

Its unfortunate they didn't just immediately give you the positive news, but this is the second best position to be in. Anxious no doubt, but at least you still have a pretty good chance of hearing something positive before it all ends.

You're good for now. Just secure the seat at UB...worst case scenario you'll lose the meager deposit to go to the school you really want. Sucks to lose it, but in the grand scheme of things it hardly matters!

Its unfortunate they didn't just immediately give you the positive news, but this is the second best position to be in. Anxious no doubt, but at least you still have a pretty good chance of hearing something positive before it all ends.

Lol ushaseos. Always bringing things into prospective. Yeah I'm doing that by the end of this week. Though I already got into my state school, I would love it to hear back from my top 2 as well so I can make a through decision on where I want to be in the next 4 years of my life. Let's hope for the best I guess. Any other advice or thoughts?

Can I just tell you this blog might have brightened up my day, I have been a little down since I got the news that I was not waitlisted nor accepted and I'm still under review.

Lol ushaseos. Always bringing things into prospective. Yeah I'm doing that by the end of this week. Though I already got into my state school, I would love it to hear back from my top 2 as well so I can make a through decision on where I want to be in the next 4 years of my life. Let's hope for the best I guess. Any other advice or thoughts?

I'd love to offer counsel, but there is nothing more that can be done. I do have my fingers crossed in hopes that you hear from your top 2. It's a bit like going back to the waiting game of the pre-Dec. 3rd era; the only thing different now is that we have at least one option in hand for August in case nothing else materializes.

I hope this is correct at my school. I have been told by previous blogs this means you are "waitlisted to get a spot on the waitlist"

Pretty sure those waitlisted to be on the wait list are called rejections. That isn't the snarky comment it sounds like, I just think it is feasible for adcoms to have a roster of potential candidates and a list of candidates who'll come in case the first group decline. Dental schools have plenty of good candidates so there is really no reason to have a waitlist past a short wait list, especially at schools that are competitive. Maybe NYU with their ginormous class size needs multiple wait lists (or more likely a slightly larger one) but I'd be surprised if most other schools have more than 30-40 on their wait list if that.

These guys do spend tons of money reviewing our apps so they'll try to do it once and do it conclusively as far as possible. Lastly, what do they gain by lying to us? They have no obligation to be nice to us besides human solidarity or something else equally idealistic. If they want us, they'll either say yes, acceptance, or say maybe and put us on the waitlist. If not they'll give us a clear no sooner or later. Let us not over think this or speculate too much. Ultimately we have very little understanding of the inner workings of an adcom.

This thread gives me hope b/c one of my schools said that i am "in a group that will be considered for the next round of acceptances" and i wasnt sure what to think