Where do psychiatrists look for job opportunities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

npavt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to hire a psychiatrist and so far I have posted in this forum's jobs, APA career center, monster.com, indeed,linked in, and a few other places but I have barely had any responses. I don't really want to hire a head hunter because they are so expensive. Where do you all look for jobs?

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to hire a psychiatrist and so far I have posted in this forum's jobs, APA career center, monster.com, indeed,linked in, and a few other places but I have barely had any responses. I don't really want to hire a head hunter because they are so expensive. Where do you all look for jobs?

how much are you paying?

Any residency programs nearby? Our program passes info on to us from places with job openings.

Members don't see this ad :)
Addictions folks often check out the classified section in the newsletter sent out by AAAP.

Hate to say this as it may come across tacky, but I really think it helps if you list benefit and pay along with the job description and call obligations in the post/listing. This is especially true if you want to pick up a couple of moonlighters who might be content in their job and not go throguh the effort of calling a bunch of places unless a nice offer catches their eye.

locum tenens sites as well, it's where I found my job