Where do publications and presentations belong on application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBeans

MrBeans
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search an I couldn't find an answer to my question, so I'm hoping someone here can shed some light.

I have done oral research presentations, poster presentations, and I hope to have publications out soon.

Under what section should I list these experiences on aadsas? :confused:

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

This just further reinforces that research is not a big factor in admission to dental school, there isn't really a place on the app to put it.

I put mine under research experience.

This just further reinforces that research is not a big factor in admission to dental school, there isn't really a place on the app to put it.

I put mine under research experience.

This just further reinforces the idea that some posters on SDN are purely incompetent.

Input all of that information in the description of your research, "I conducted research on ___ and presented my findings in ____....."

Members don't see this ad :)
This just further reinforces the idea that some posters on SDN are purely incompetent.

Input all of that information in the description of your research, "I conducted research on ___ and presented my findings in ____....."

Excuse you? I stated facts and I gave my personal account, nothing more. Why are you calling me incompetent?

Yea, 'bad form Peter'.

Haha, ok now I'm a bit confused! :confused:

So I worked in a lab for about a year. I anticipate publications from this work, in addition I have given oral seminars, and poster presentations on my topic of research.

Do I just include all of these points under one listing in "research experience"?

Yeah, if it was all associated from the same research experience, you robably should put it all under one entry if you can fit it in. If you can't fit it in, you could consider putting it in under another research experience, and I think they'd get what you meant say if you put that you spoke at some big conference presenting a paper you wrote.

The description sections are so tiny (175 char.).. Are we better off writing about our specific duties and responsibilities in the lab or our achievements (i.e., presentations, publications, etc.)? I tried fitting a little bit of both, but its near impossible.

The description sections are so tiny (175 char.).. Are we better off writing about our specific duties and responsibilities in the lab or our achievements (i.e., presentations, publications, etc.)? I tried fitting a little bit of both, but its near impossible.

Oh yeah, in the research section you don't need to go into specifics, I'd just say what the goal of your lab is, and what it was that you specifically did.

Mine read something like:

The goal of our lab was to develop new dental imaging technologies (such as OCT) to replace xrays. I collected and analyzed data, wrote articles, and treated hamsters for experimentation.