Where do SUNY students live?

Started by samwY
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

samwY

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am from OSU but I lived in Queens for 11 years. I wanted to go to PCO but I think NYC is the place for me.

I'm curious where SUNY optometry students live. How much does your rent cost with utilities? Food costs per month?

How far is the commute?

This information will be helpful. Thanks.
 
I'm a little different than an average student because I live with my husband, and since he works we're not totally on a student's income 😉 -- but I live in Manhattan in a 1-bedroom that's $2K/month which is about 2 miles from school (an easy subway commute).

A few students I know live very close to school, and pay around $800/month for a shared place (commonly a 2-bedroom that's split into a 3-bedroom), and many students live in Queens (or even farther) because you can get a much bigger place for a lot less money ($500-ish?).

samwY said:
I am from OSU but I lived in Queens for 11 years. I wanted to go to PCO but I think NYC is the place for me.

I'm curious where SUNY optometry students live. How much does your rent cost with utilities? Food costs per month?

How far is the commute?

This information will be helpful. Thanks.