Where do you fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
aubieRx said:
hrmph. Normally I would agree but I like rice so much; I think she is not silly like most of us women.

Wouldn't you rather have rice than kerry?
the fact of the matter is that the majority of other countries don't respect women.

i mean it wouldn't suprise me if some countries refused to talk to a US female president.

Members don't see this ad.

Then go to war under false pretenses but use propaganda to fool the uneducated.
Wait a second, didn't the Clinton administration also say that WMD's were present in Iraq? Afraid so...sorry :scared:
Although I must say it sounds more credible coming from a man who came up with a brand new way of enjoying a good cigar. :smuggrin:
Hows that Kool-aid tasting?

50% of our population reads at or below the 8th grade level. They are easily fooled and manipulated..
And what do you think this is the result of?

Members don't see this ad :)
for the record...this nazi talk is quite humourous...i guess i just don't see it... :confused:

I am a liberal and I scored 12 on the quiz :)

skp said:
for the record...this nazi talk is quite humourous...i guess i just don't see it... :confused:
yeah i hear you on that one....

typically "conservatives" are for a small government but did anyone read the patriot act?!?!?!?!?!?

you really want to talk big brother....... they can look at everything you do at any given point for no real reason.

i love political debates but it really doesn't seem like one here would be worthwhile....

oh and if everyone would honestly like a reality check.... kerry and his wife are filthy rich..... sickeningly filthy rich.... they cannot relate to the middle class or even the lower class... i mean guy is catholic... not to generalize but if he was not in politics he would be a "conservative"

politicians are not in the real world as it is. i mean look at the kennedy's...
i'm telling you.... they sure represent me and my middle class family........

bbmuffin said:
i mean it wouldn't suprise me if some countries refused to talk to a US female president.

That would be their loss. I don't have much respect for the countries in which women are treated poorly and to avoid choosing rice as candidate because of their wishes means the terrorists have won . hehehehe that last bit was lighthearted for people who think everything is meant in earnest

skp said:

I jokingly called hilary hitlery and someone thought I was doing a full blown comparison between her and the nazis. That was not my original purpose and intent but I will not sit idly by and allow patriotic americans to be considered brainwashed fools going the route of the hitler youth.

Last time I checked people who support america do so because they really love being in the freest country on earth.

If you want to talk about brainwashing then consider this:The libs have taken control of most of the nations public schools and many are brainwashing children into thinking liberally. I know because I went through a public school in massachusetts.

aubieRx said:
If I was a jew I would be more frightened by the muslim terrorists. They seem to get quite a thrill from strapping on bombs and parading around the streets of israel.

I abhor violence of any kind. Whether that is Muslim terrorists blowing up Israelis, Israeli terrorists blowing up Muslims, Christian terrorists blowing up abortion clinics or even going to war. It doesn't matter to me who was in office when a war started. I just think there are better solutions to problems than killing people. When people do violence in the name of religion is when it gets scary. There is a bumper sticker that says "Hate is not a Family Value". I believe that is true.

dgroulx said:
I abhor violence of any kind. Whether that is Muslim terrorists blowing up Israelis, Israeli terrorists blowing up Muslims, Christian terrorists blowing up abortion clinics or even going to war. It doesn't matter to me who was in office when a war started. I just think there are better solutions to problems than killing people. When people do violence in the name of religion is when it gets scary. There is a bumper sticker that says "Hate is not a Family Value". I believe that is true.

Sometimes you have to match fire with fire. No one likes war. Personally I wish everyone would just get their act together. However, WWII (for example) never could have been won peacefully.

I don't think this muslim terror thing will be won peacefully either. You have children brainwashed into becoming suicide bombers. That kind of hate does not listen to reason.

edit: also you never hear of israeli terrorists blowing up muslims. IT is mostly the muslims blowing up the israelis.

pharmadocious said:
Wait a second, didn't the Clinton administration also say that WMD's were present in Iraq? Afraid so...sorry :scared:
Although I must say it sounds more credible coming from a man who came up with a brand new way of enjoying a good cigar. :smuggrin:
Hows that Kool-aid tasting?

And what do you think this is the result of?

I don't care who was in office and who believed the fabricated reports. I am opposed to war.

I could also care less about anyone's private life, especially the president.

The poor reading level is because our education system is broken. There are too many students in each classroom because there are not enough schools. We passed a class size amendment several years ago in Florida. Governor Bush has been trying to get it repealed ever since then. He got it placed on the ballot again and the people still voted it in. He just doesn't get it. We want more tax dollars to go to education, even if it means raising taxes.

dgroulx said:

Who someone is in public is merely an extension of who they are in private. Character matters all the time; not just when the cameras are rolling.

Members don't see this ad :)
having attended public schools for the majority of my life ( primary school- high school- undergraduate not pharmacy school) i really question the whole brain washing thing...

i mean in all honesty me and my friends are just fine....

perhaps it has to do with the fact that you were in mass.

bbmuffin said:
the fact of the matter is that the majority of other countries don't respect women.

Rice is welcomed with open arms in other countries. They love her!

dgroulx said:
I don't care who was in office and who believed the fabricated reports. I am opposed to war.

The poor reading level is because our education system is broken. There are too many students in each classroom because there are not enough schools. We passed a class size amendment several years ago in Florida. Governor Bush has been trying to get it repealed ever since then. He got it placed on the ballot again and the people still voted it in. He just doesn't get it. We want more tax dollars to go to education, even if it means raising taxes.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a big fan of war but there is no reasoning with an enemy who believes there is religious justification beheading a contractor. Don't forget those torture tapes...."allah ahkbar" does that ring a bell? Do you think the UN can sit these guys down at a table and negotiate?

Sooner or later folks on the left have to figure out that you can't solve problems just by throwing money at it. Is our public education great....NO! I went to a high school where race riots, stabbings and everything in between occured. There were plenty of great teachers who were willing to stay after school and put in extra time with students. Was it my responsibility to learn?....yes! I chose not to. It wouldn't have mattered if I went to some yuppie school in the heights.....students learn when they decide to. Self accountability is the key!

I scored a 15- right there with Bill Clinton, not bad in my opinion...thought I would fall between him and Colin Powell though.

Someone just posted this on the Tampa Bay Mensa discussion board. I thought it fit in well with this thread.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people
can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy.
All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce
the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to
danger. It works the same way in any country."

-- Hermann Goering in his cell on the evening of 18 April 1946

dgroulx said:
Someone just posted this on the Tampa Bay Mensa discussion board. I thought it fit in well with this thread.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people
can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy.
All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce
the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to
danger. It works the same way in any country."

-- Hermann Goering in his cell on the evening of 18 April 1946
You know Mensa is trying to recruit Jessica Simpson, right?

Betty'sBeast said:
You know Mensa is trying to recruit Jessica Simpson, right?

I saw that special on Jessica Simpson sad to say. They weren't trying to recruit her. I think her dad or someone claims that she has a 160 I.Q. Mensa said they'd like her to take the test and see if she would qualify for Mensa.

Trustplans said:
Well I am suprised by the results so far.....

I am not surprised by the results. There seems to be many people from CA and many young people on this forum. Both groups are generally liberal. Of course this does not include everyone, I know.

This country certain IS ready for a female president. There is nothing about the job of president that a woman can't do just as well as a man. I think after 4 more years of Bush, the country will be ready for a female...a female democrat like Hillary.

You may argue that other countries may not respect females...well the reverse could possibly happen as well. Women could potentially gain more respect worldwide. Could foreign countries possibly hate a female as much as they hate Bush? I doubt it.

>>Sometimes you have to match fire with fire.

If everyone has that attitude than the whole world burns. What ever happened to taking the moral high ground? What ever happened to diplomacy?

Its not about them hating bush. Its about the fact that some cultures still do not think women should work and have to wear traditional dress.

i realize that women can do everthing a man could do and i think probably better.

I got a 13- I think it fits how I feel on most issues

OSURxgirl said:
This country certain IS ready for a female president. There is nothing about the job of president that a woman can't do just as well as a man. I think after 4 more years of Bush, the country will be ready for a female...a female democrat like Hillary.

You may argue that other countries may not respect females...well the reverse could possibly happen as well. Women could potentially gain more respect worldwide. Could foreign countries possibly hate a female as much as they hate Bush? I doubt it.

Not only is this country ready for a female president, but also others. Look Philippines has a woman president, Helen Clark is the PM in New Zeeland, do not forget Margaret Thatcher in GB or Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan. I cannot believe that we have problems in having a woman leading the country.

Ugo said:
Not only is this country ready for a female president, but also others. Look Philippines has a woman president, Helen Clark is the PM in New Zeeland, do not forget Margaret Thatcher in GB or Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan. I cannot believe that we have problems in having a woman leading the country.

I was just going to say this! I believe at lest one of the South American countries had a female president as well (I think it was Venezuela).

OSURxgirl said:

Hillary = socialized healthcare :thumbdown: If you think healthcare is expensive now...wait until the government gets ahold of it :scared:

Condi :thumbup: :D

off2skl said:
I was just going to say this! I believe at lest one of the South American countries had a female president as well (I think it was Venezuela).
that's great but are they the most powerful country in the world?

OSURxgirl said:
>>Sometimes you have to match fire with fire.

If everyone has that attitude than the whole world burns. What ever happened to taking the moral high ground? What ever happened to diplomacy?

15...16 or 17 resolutions were passed to try and get Saddam to clean up his act. What happened to diplomacy.....it's a two way street! Do you really think after the 3rd resolution came and went that he took the UN seriously???

Is there a moral high ground when you are dealing with someone with no morals? If you say yes, the battle is only won within yourself. Your opponent can care less..Thus, the same situation reoccurs while you (not intended to be personal) are patting yourself on the back.

What do you think would have been the most diplomatic way of dealing with Saddam (granted your number 1 guru of intelligence tells you WMD's are a slam dunk....which everyone knows now that this wasn't the case)? Would you have gone to the UN to pass another resolution?

This question isn't presented as a smart*ss question....just in case you felt like giving a smart*ss remark :D

bbmuffin said:
that's great but are they the most powerful country in the world?

The point is that other countries and cultures have accepted female leaders. And someone else pointed out about Thatcher (and Britain is certainly up there in terms of global involvement).

off2skl said:
The point is that other countries and cultures have accepted female leaders. And someone else pointed out about Thatcher (and Britain is certainly up there in terms of global involvement).

I am totally with you off2skl....and by the way, what is that suppose to mean

"...that's great but are they the most powerful country in the world?"

...powerful countries cannot have leading powerful women? Nice! We can accept women as leaders, but only for small countries. It is like let's the women drive, if they want, but only in small cars and not on the freeway…too dangerous.

Ugo said:
I am totally with you off2skl....and by the way, what is that suppose to mean

"...that's great but are they the most powerful country in the world?"

...powerful countries cannot have leading powerful women? Nice! We can accept women as leaders, but only for small countries. It is like let's the women drive, if they want, but only in small cars and not on the freeway…too dangerous.
you all can believe what you want.
that's fine. it is quite apparent that you are ignoring the fact that not all countries respect women

i honestly don't really care if you think a woman should be president or not.

the fact remains that america is the most powerful nation in the world.

america has to deal with a lot of countries that smaller nations can choose not to.
if we were not in everyone elses business it would not be a big deal but we are.

oh and another note that will make all of you extremely happy..... there are a whole lot of people out there who are not quite as progressive as you all are. there are people in this country who do not think women can do everything a man can do. there are people in this country who think women should not wear make-up, cut their hair, show their knees and elbows.

perhaps you have never encountered areas like that.

bbmuffin said:
you all can believe what you want.
that's fine. it is quite apparent that you are ignoring the fact that not all countries respect women

i honestly don't really care if you think a woman should be president or not.

the fact remains that america is the most powerful nation in the world.

america has to deal with a lot of countries that smaller nations can choose not to.
if we were not in everyone elses business it would not be a big deal but we are.

oh and another note that will make all of you extremely happy..... there are a whole lot of people out there who are not quite as progressive as you all are. there are people in this country who do not think women can do everything a man can do. there are people in this country who think women should not wear make-up, cut their hair, show their knees and elbows.

perhaps you have never encountered areas like that.

So I guess we need a "global test" before electing a woman into office!?!

We are long due for a good woman to run for office. Hopefully Condi Rice will run in 2008!

gablet said:
So I guess we need a "global test" before electing a woman into office!?!

We are long due for a good woman to run for office. Hopefully Condi Rice will run in 2008!

I live in rural Florida. Most the rednecks in these parts vote Republican because they hate giving money to programs that benefit poor blacks. They also would never vote for a woman. If you look at election results, Bush won the rural areas but lost in all the major cities. Put a woman on the Republican ticket and you'll lose the rural vote as well.

dgroulx said:
I live in rural Florida. Most the rednecks in these parts vote Republican because they hate giving money to programs that benefit poor blacks. They also would never vote for a woman. If you look at election results, Bush won the rural areas but lost in all the major cities. Put a woman on the Republican ticket and you'll lose the rural vote as well.

That is a ridiculous reason for not having a woman candidate.

gablet said:
That is a ridiculous reason for not having a woman candidate.

Just letting people know how it is in the South. If you got rid of all the rednecks, Florida would be run by democrats instead of republicans.

dgroulx said:
Just letting people know how it is in the South. If you got rid of all the rednecks, Florida would be run by democrats instead of republicans.
dgroulx...what elite social class are you a part of?

pharmadocious said:
dgroulx...what elite social class are you a part of?

I'm in that weird class that think all people are equal - including African Americans, gays and women. If I told Bubba driving the truck down US 41 that I believed gays have the right to marry, he'd have to get his rifle down from his gun rack and shoot me.

Things are looking up, though. They just turned the Mud Bog, where locals went bogging and drank Bud, into a housing development. Surburbia is coming.

pharmadocious-- I noticed that your location was Phoenix, AZ. Did you apply for midwestern-glendale?

dgroulx said:
I'm in that weird class that think all people are equal - including African Americans, gays and women. If I told Bubba driving the truck down US 41 that I believed gays have the right to marry, he'd have to get his rifle down from his gun rack and shoot me.

Things are looking up, though. They just turned the Mud Bog, where locals went bogging and drank Bud, into a housing development. Surburbia is coming.

what is bogging?

gablet said:
pharmadocious-- I noticed that your location was Phoenix, AZ. Did you apply for midwestern-glendale?

Nope. I didn't want to pay private school prices.

dgroulx said:

All people are equal except rednecks you meant to say????

Don't you think you are playing a little to heavy on stereotypes???

gablet said:
what is bogging?

You take several acres of land and fill it with mud. Then people in the area bring their 4-wheel drive vehicles and drives through the mud. It was a big social thing here in Land O' Lakes on Saturday afternoons. People brought their families and six-packs of Bud. It was only about 3 miles from my house. I won't really miss it.

pharmadocious said:
All people are equal except rednecks you meant to say????

Don't you think you are playing a little to heavy on stereotypes???

Have you been to rural Florida? The closest city to me is Brooksville. They finally stopped flying the confederate flag in front of the city hall a couple of years ago.

I've been to worse places than here. I suggest a trip to the Ozark mountains. The locals make carvings of African Americans with pipe cleaners for hair and watermelons for bodies. When I was looking at one, they asked me if I liked the "pickeneny". I thought it was horrible.

dgroulx said:
Have you been to rural Florida? The closest city to me is Brooksville. They finally stopped flying the confederate flag in front of the city hall a couple of years ago.

I've been to worse places than here. I suggest a trip to the Ozark mountains. The locals make carvings of African Americans with pipe cleaners for hair and watermelons for bodies. When I was looking at one, they asked me if I liked the "pickeneny". I thought it was horrible.

I hear you. I'm from Maryland - people think DC Metro area and that the state is so cosmopolitan. Like 3 towns from where my dad lives is the KKK Headquarters. As a friend so eloquently put it the other day "Cigarettes are cheaper in PEnnsyltucky" - I was all "oh where is that?" "Everywhere in PA except philadelphia"

While an exaggeration - so true. Those of us who are fortunate enough to live in cities don't see what goes on in the majority of the US. There is scary stuff going on. I think there is a lot of homophobia and racism that you don't see on most college campuses. Scary. But those are the people who are voting Republican due to "values".

Just open minded but frightened to live in a "red" state