Where do you learn new things?

Started by aelephant
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aelephant

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently I have been following eMedicine (http://www.medscape.com/pharmacists) and find that I'm learning quite a lot. I especially like their clinical briefs, which are timely and succinct. I also read PharmacyTimes, which was recommended in the Pharmacy FAQ, but it seems sort of hit and miss to me.

Do you subscribe to email briefs? Read blogs? Other websites?

Share your favorite sources for learning pharmacy related stuff.
 
Pharmacists letter at work and studies one of my teachers sends me.

Ah, how could I forget PL?!

I don't have access through my work, so I pay for it myself. Definitely worth the investment.

I wish I had someone to send studies to me... 😎
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ashp daily briefing. its packed everything you need from drug info, healthcare topics, and industry news spanning the world. emailed to daily in early am. just got it.....the fda approved long acting metformin combo.... and its helped me a bunch on stock trades also.
 
Medscape, Pharmacist's Letter, and NEJM, JAMA, Journal of Clinical Infectious Disease, table of contents emails. If a study looks interesting, I'll run to pub med and print them out.
 
ASHP daily briefing, AJHP, Pharmacotherapy journal, and the listserv for my ACCP PRN.

Thanks for posting the NEJM info, mustang sally! I signed up for their emails too.
 
Last edited:
ASHP daily briefing, AJHP, Pharmacotherapy journal, and the listserv for my ACCP PRN.

Thanks for posting the NEJM info, mustang sally! I signed up for their emails too.

No problem! Way easier than trying to remember to stop by their page every week. 🙂