Where do you take your practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalDeac

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm debating as to whether I should drive about 40 minutes to go to the Kaplan center to take my full length practice test today or just drive a few miles to the local library and take it on my laptop.

Members don't see this ad.

i think it all depends on people.
but when i was preparing for my exam, i just went to my college library and found a good studying room where only i can be inside and took it there.
since it is summer, the library was not too packed so i was able to focus pretty well.

i would say go somewhere you can be comfortable but do not go somewhere too distracting since it can get you pissed off (i was getting mad when people outside were laughing and stuff since they thought the whole library was empty)

Yeah, I have been studying at my dad's orthodontic office at night, but obviously he is working there with patients during the day, so I can't do that. I might check out the local library first, and if the situation isn't good, then go to the Kaplan center. Should I try and bring a usb mouse with me for practice instead of using the laptop mouse.

I'm debating as to whether I should drive about 40 minutes to go to the Kaplan center to take my full length practice test today or just drive a few miles to the local library and take it on my laptop.

Well, I am yet to take the real DAT, but I would imagine the prometric center would be very quiet during the administration of the test. So why not try to emulate that environment? When I take my topscore tests I just go to my university library which is extremely quiet. Im sure the public library will suffice.