Where Is Everybody Going???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonwill

Podiatrist
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok 3rd and 4th years, where are/have you gone on clerkships? I'll outline my 4th year to get things started.
-U of Florida/Jacksonville
-Broadlawns Medical Center/Des Moines, IA
-Detroit Medical Center/Warren, MI
-VA New Mexico/Albuquerque, NM
-UT San Antonio

Anybody been to any of these places yet?

Members don't see this ad.

jonwill said:
Ok 3rd and 4th years, where are/have you gone on clerkships? I'll outline my 4th year to get things started.
-U of Florida/Jacksonville
-Broadlawns Medical Center/Des Moines, IA
-Detroit Medical Center/Warren, MI
-VA New Mexico/Albuquerque, NM
-UT San Antonio

Anybody been to any of these places yet?

I'm going to:

St. Lukes Presbyterian Denver Colorado
VA Denver Colorado
and either Northlake in Georgia or U of F at Jacksonville.

Jon - when will you be in Jacksonville?

krabmas said:
I'm going to:

VA Denver Colorado

Jon - when will you be in Jacksonville?

June

Members don't see this ad :)
if I go to jacksonville it will be in september.
Did you send the aacpm form in also or did you just send the form on the jacksonville website?
I was told to just send the form from the website and the aacpm form was too much info.

just a funny thing...
so no one wants to tell us where they are going (oh must keep big secret?)

at nycpm there were some students that would not tell where they were going trying to keep a program their little secret or something then Gladys (the secretary) sent an email out with all of our senior schedules and it has everyones externships listed. how funny (ironic) :laugh:

krabmas said:
Did you send the aacpm form in also or did you just send the form on the jacksonville website?
I was told to just send the form from the website and the aacpm form was too much info.

just a funny thing...

at nycpm there were some students that would not tell where they were going trying to keep a program their little secret or something then Gladys (the secretary) sent an email out with all of our senior schedules and it has everyones externships listed. how funny (ironic) :laugh:

Most of us form DMU are 2nd years.

krabmas said:

just a funny thing...

Most of us from DMU are 2nd years.

krabmas said:
I'm going to:

VA Denver Colorado

Are you doing your core at VA Eastern Colorado? If so keep me posted on how it is.

krabmas said:

just a funny thing...

I don't think there is a program around that everyone doesn't already know about. I sent Florida my externship form and that form on the website.

Haffadoc said:
krabmas said:
I'm going to:

VA Denver Colorado

Are you doing your core at VA Eastern Colorado? If so keep me posted on how it is.

What is a core? we only rotate to non-NY hospitals for surgical externships.

we do community hospital rotation, ER, gen surgery, gen radiology, Imed, at NY hospitals.

krabmas said:
Haffadoc said:
What is a core? we only rotate to non-NY hospitals for surgical externships.

we do community hospital rotation, ER, gen surgery, gen radiology, Imed, at NY hospitals.

Some of the Podiatry schools such as California, Iowa, and Temple have students doing their core rotations (Int Med, various core Podiatry rotations, Surgery, Ortho, ER, etc...) at sites that are not in the local area of the Podiatry School. They are usually 3 month blocks (some are much longer and others are shorter). For example, Temple students do not need to do their core rotations at affiliated Temple sites. They can do their core rotations at UT San Antonio, UPMC, St Vincent Catholic Medical Center, Denver VAMC, St Francis in CT, Botsford General Hospital, or Southern Arizona Verteran Affairs Health Care System.

At DMU, we are required to do a 4 month surgical core somewhere. We have designated sites throughout the nation, Eastern Colorado VA being one of them.

jonwill said:
At DMU, we are required to do a 4 month surgical core somewhere. We have designated sites throughout the nation, Eastern Colorado VA being one of them.

OOOOH. Now I get it.

Like I wrote before - at NYCPM we have to do most of our year at affiliated hospitals. :(