Where is everyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nerdoscience

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This time last year, this place was just a-buzzin' with fourth year med students (myself included), worried about programs and interviews and applications and career choices and such. Pretty much from the beginning of August to right after Neuro Match.

Where is everyone this year? Maybe it's 'cuz GopherBrain's FAQs are so good.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know what are you talking about.. I am still here stressing/buzzing and worried ****less about the match.. :scared:

Going for neuro and a few FP. (IMG here so covering my ass) Meanwhile I continue to publish like a mad dog on mountain dew.

"Oh magic 8 ball, will I match in Neurology this year?"

*Shakes the 8 ball*

The Magic 8-Ball says "Outlook not so good"

"Bu...but... They said if I love Neurology and I have a pulse I can still match in Neurology!! I know I am within the two standard deviations of a human heart rate!"

*Shakes the 8 ball*

The Magic 8-Ball says "Signs point to no."

"Are you saying all the research didn't help?!?"

*Shakes the 8 ball*

The Magic 8-Ball says "It's hard to tell."

+pity+

Members don't see this ad :)
Faebinder said:
"Oh magic 8 ball, will I match in Neurology this year?"

*Shakes the 8 ball*

The Magic 8-Ball says "Outlook not so good"

"Bu...but... They said if I love Neurology and I have a pulse I can still match in Neurology!! I know I am within the two standard deviations of a human heart rate!"

*Shakes the 8 ball*

The Magic 8-Ball says "Signs point to no."

"Are you saying all the research didn't help?!?"

*Shakes the 8 ball*

The Magic 8-Ball says "It's hard to tell."

+pity+

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
If I were a program director, I'd take you just based on this post! At least you have a sense of humor. "Publishing like a mad dog on Mountain Dew" won't hurt either. Best of luck!

Just realized that they switched to regular match. Probably why it hasn't happened yet; they have a couople months of extra time

neurologist said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
If I were a program director, I'd take you just based on this post! At least you have a sense of humor. "Publishing like a mad dog on Mountain Dew" won't hurt either. Best of luck!

Thank you for the vote of confidence.... I already was warned off not to approach the flowers grown in my aunt-in-law's garden... Apparently they can't live without petals.... Very inconvenient if you ask me.

*Tearing a petal off* Will I match? *Tearing another petal* Will I not match?

looks as if neurologists are really busy people..noone gets time to come on SDN...heheh..no seriosuly if you compare it to the number of posts in forums like pathology and internal medicine or even many others one gets an idea most people are either not interested or very busy to come on much.

Some of us are still around, turns out this internship thing is pretty busy...

I'd be happy to help any of the applicants for this year's cycle if you have specific questions although I went through the SF match last year so it might be slightly different.

Nerdoscience said:
This time last year, this place was just a-buzzin' with fourth year med students (myself included), worried about programs and interviews and applications and career choices and such. Pretty much from the beginning of August to right after Neuro Match.

Where is everyone this year? Maybe it's 'cuz GopherBrain's FAQs are so good.

From what I've seen on this site the last couple of years, the most surefire way to get people posting in the neuro forum is to start a thread on neurology vs neurorads! Seems to touch a raw nerve in both parties (neurologists who feel underpaid and underappreciated vs neurorads who want to protect their turf). Not that I recommend doing this, but it does liven things up for a while.