Where should a pediatric surgeon post?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

michaelfischmd

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My apologies, I am new to this website. Should a pediatric surgeon post in the pediatrics section or the surgery section? I don't see a pediatric surgery section.
 
My apologies, I am new to this website. Should a pediatric surgeon post in the pediatrics section or the surgery section? I don't see a pediatric surgery section.

The general surgery forum. There are subspecialty surgical forums, but, unfortunately there aren't enough pediatric surgeons or pedi surg specific questions/topics on SDN to set up a subforum just for pediatric surgery. There are a reasonable number of questions that come up in the surgery forum relative to pedi surg - mostly "what are my chances" type of questions.
 
Last edited:
My apologies, I am new to this website. Should a pediatric surgeon post in the pediatrics section or the surgery section? I don't see a pediatric surgery section.

Welcome, and, if you haven't lurked around, you might not know what might happen - as OBP said, "What are my chances", and people inundating you with variations on a theme of not doing 5 years of GSx, busting your butt, and applying for PedSx. Then, there are others that say that it's not as competitive as SurgOnc and plastics, and start on that bluster, and so on.

However, you are a valuable resource that can yield rich results.