Where should I apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

murph

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I will be applying this summer, My gpa is not amazing, I hope to do 20+ on th dat. I am a Washington Resident. Besides UofW where else should I apply. I will live just about anywhere. I have quite a bit of dental experiance, especially with underserved populations and welfare patients. Let me know what is up.

murph

Members don't see this ad.

Murph,

Not to sound weird, but are you a URM?

here are some of the schools in the west coast:
uop(apply early), usc, and UofColorado, UNLV, Arizona(seems like a good fit to u)
also some east coast schools (but i donno that much to give u info)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by murph
I will be applying this summer, My gpa is not amazing, I hope to do 20+ on th dat. I am a Washington Resident. Besides UofW where else should I apply. I will live just about anywhere. I have quite a bit of dental experiance, especially with underserved populations and welfare patients. Let me know what is up.

murph

Tell us what your stats (GPA) are and we will tell you what schools you will be competitive for.

Again, the more you tell us, the more advice you get.

Post the stats and we can give you more info. Also, of you are into serving underserved populations and welfare patients, then Arizona is defiently the place for you. I would check out their web site at http://www.asdoh.atsu.edu/. Take a look at their mission statment.

post stats? on SDN?

there goes that member.:laugh:

i don't know why people are so scared of mentioning their stats. i mean you don't have to tell all of your stats but if you are gonna ask for this kinda oinion then give poeple something to work with.

ie, GPA, AA/PAT/Sci dental exp yes no.

here are my stats

GPA 3.30 @ byu-idaho and Central Washington univ
Dat- not yet
Huge upward trend
I have served as an Spanish/english Interpreter and a community mobile health clinic for kids, and at a clinic for migrant farmworkers. I also taught proper hygene to spanish speaking families on welfare. I hope this helps.

Hey Morph, I encourage you to get some dental experience as this will increase your competitiveness on your applicant profile as well as a topic of discussion in your interviews.

Your GPA is good! You should have a fair chance in getting into most schools if your DAT are good (20+ on most sections)

Good Luck!:thumbup:

Originally posted by murph
here are my stats

GPA 3.30 @ byu-idaho and Central Washington univ
Dat- not yet
Huge upward trend
I have served as an Spanish/english Interpreter and a community mobile health clinic for kids, and at a clinic for migrant farmworkers. I also taught proper hygene to spanish speaking families on welfare. I hope this helps.

I'd say, based on a 3.3 GPA, that you are still competitive in almost any dental school in the US (don't know much about Canadian schools). It depends on your DAT score. So keep working on that DAT score.