1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Where should I apply

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by murph, Apr 1, 2004.

1. murph

murph Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey

I will be applying this summer, My gpa is not amazing, I hope to do 20+ on th dat. I am a Washington Resident. Besides UofW where else should I apply. I will live just about anywhere. I have quite a bit of dental experiance, especially with underserved populations and welfare patients. Let me know what is up.

murph

2. Zurich5

Zurich5 Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Murph,

Not to sound weird, but are you a URM?

3. ecdoesit

ecdoesit DDS/MS
    7+ Year Member

here are some of the schools in the west coast:
    uop(apply early), usc, and UofColorado, UNLV, Arizona(seems like a good fit to u)
    also some east coast schools (but i donno that much to give u info)

4. Mo007

Mo007 Gifted Hands
    10+ Year Member

Tell us what your stats (GPA) are and we will tell you what schools you will be competitive for.

Again, the more you tell us, the more advice you get.

5. JRogoff

JRogoff Resident Palatal Phallacy
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Post the stats and we can give you more info. Also, of you are into serving underserved populations and welfare patients, then Arizona is defiently the place for you. I would check out their web site at http://www.asdoh.atsu.edu/. Take a look at their mission statment.

6. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    post stats? on SDN?

there goes that member.:laugh:

i don't know why people are so scared of mentioning their stats. i mean you don't have to tell all of your stats but if you are gonna ask for this kinda oinion then give poeple something to work with.

ie, GPA, AA/PAT/Sci dental exp yes no.

7. murph

murph Member
    7+ Year Member

here are my stats

GPA 3.30 @ byu-idaho and Central Washington univ
    Dat- not yet
    Huge upward trend
    I have served as an Spanish/english Interpreter and a community mobile health clinic for kids, and at a clinic for migrant farmworkers. I also taught proper hygene to spanish speaking families on welfare. I hope this helps.

8. The Musketeer

The Musketeer Guardian of Justice
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hey Morph, I encourage you to get some dental experience as this will increase your competitiveness on your applicant profile as well as a topic of discussion in your interviews.

Your GPA is good! You should have a fair chance in getting into most schools if your DAT are good (20+ on most sections)

Good Luck!:thumbup:

9. HBomb

HBomb Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'd say, based on a 3.3 GPA, that you are still competitive in almost any dental school in the US (don't know much about Canadian schools). It depends on your DAT score. So keep working on that DAT score.