Where should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snake3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know I already posted this, yet I need an advice to what schools I should apply because there are so many schools out there. (I’m applying to the class entering 2009). My GPA is a 3.45 (not that high), I haven’t taken the DAT (plan to take it in February) and I’m a minority. I’m currently shadowing a dentist and doing research.
What schools do you guys recommend me to apply? I found helpful information at predents.com but I think I need some more.

And also I’m still kinda confused about the LOR. I read that they are sent through the ADDSAS. I was wondering if I could use those services that hold the LOR, and then they send it out to the schools I request? Because I read it somewhere that you give teachers a form and then they attach it to the letter and send it directly to ADDSAS.

I know is long and I apologize for it. Any help is appreciated!!!
Thank you so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I know I already posted this, yet I need an advice to what schools I should apply because there are so many schools out there. (I’m applying to the class entering 2009). My GPA is a 3.45 (not that high), I haven’t taken the DAT (plan to take it in February) and I’m a minority. I’m currently shadowing a dentist and doing research.
What schools do you guys recommend me to apply? I found helpful information at predents.com but I think I need some more.

And also I’m still kinda confused about the LOR. I read that they are sent through the ADDSAS. I was wondering if I could use those services that hold the LOR, and then they send it out to the schools I request? Because I read it somewhere that you give teachers a form and then they attach it to the letter and send it directly to ADDSAS.

I know is long and I apologize for it. Any help is appreciated!!!
Thank you so much!!!

Your GPA is decent. You should do more research on the schools out there and figure out which schools you like based on your own personal criteria. Once the application for 2008 comes out, you can have your LORs sent to AADSAS and they will forward it to the schools of your choice. If you forward them too soon (like during this application cycle), your letters will be discarded once the cycle is over. They won't hold your LORs until the next application.