• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

where should i apply

wasvsdal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
    Overall & science: 3.1
    MCAT: 32

I have a letter from DO and a Professor, and have some hours shadowing at a hospital as well. I also have a CPA.

Thanks for your advice!

beckhunter116

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    South
    1. Pre-Medical
      Apply broadly and early, you nailed the MCAT and you are above the 3.0 mark so you should do well. Some schools, I'm thinking the PCOM's do require a committee letter or dean letter, so you need to look into that. Good luck!

Hottpants89

7+ Year Member
      Sep 19, 2010
      1. Pre-Medical
        Overall & science: 3.1
        MCAT: 32

I have a letter from DO and a Professor, and have some hours shadowing at a hospital as well. I also have a CPA.

Thanks for your advice!

If you're applying this year you should apply everywhere because its getting late and by the time your application is verified it will be even later.

About the Ads

fiznat

15+ Year Member
        Mar 19, 2004
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          Make sure you look into the application requirements for the schools you are interested in. Like someone else said a LOT of them require professional/pre-health committee or other letters as well. Check into that and be honest about how much time you've really got left to apply.

wasvsdal

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Dec 19, 2006
            I won't be applying till next year in Jan/Feb. I just wanted to get a list of 10-15 schools in mind as I move forward (to get their requirements down just like u guys suggested). Also, which schools have horrible clinical rotations? I know rocky Vista, touro, and azcom have pretty notorious images. Any other ones I should eliminate from the list because they have a bad clinical rotation set up? Hopefully I can just get into PCOM lol

seap3

7+ Year Member
            Jan 31, 2010
            Midwest
            1. Attending Physician
              I won't be applying till next year in Jan/Feb. I just wanted to get a list of 10-15 schools in mind as I move forward (to get their requirements down just like u guys suggested). Also, which schools have horrible clinical rotations? I know rocky Vista, touro, and azcom have pretty notorious images. Any other ones I should eliminate from the list because they have a bad clinical rotation set up? Hopefully I can just get into PCOM lol

You can't apply until June 1 (but you can begin filling out the app & send in transcripts May 1).

And don't discount AZCOM yet. It seems that they've worked to improve their rotations since all the negative posts were made. They are even letting people pick their rotation areas right at acceptance this year so they know where they'll be. Even though I have a DMU acceptance, I am leaning towards AZCOM.

I'd just look at the CIB and begin making a list of schools that interest you. Make sure you have a science letter too.

wasvsdal

10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Dec 19, 2006
                The doctor I'm shadowing right now went to DMU, and he got into ortho. He has his own practice and seems to be doing pretty well. I think he's cool as ****. Go to DMU dude.

seap3

7+ Year Member
                Jan 31, 2010
                Midwest
                1. Attending Physician
                  The doctor I'm shadowing right now went to DMU, and he got into ortho. He has his own practice and seems to be doing pretty well. I think he's cool as ****. Go to DMU dude.

I think you were addressing me, but I'm not a dude. :laugh:

I know intellectually I should probably go to DMU, but for some reason I seem to be feeling I should go to AZCOM in my gut. The feeling I got on interview day made AZCOM just seemed more 'right'.

I still have a month to decide.

wasvsdal

10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Dec 19, 2006
                    Sorry, its hard to tell genders on these things, and as a guy I'm used to browsing forums that are more heavily read by other men. But pick DMU, your becoming a doctor - heart pumps blood, brain thinks!

About the Ads
                    This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    7. This thread is locked.