where should i apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wasvsdal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall & science: 3.1
MCAT: 32

I have a letter from DO and a Professor, and have some hours shadowing at a hospital as well. I also have a CPA.

Thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Apply broadly and early, you nailed the MCAT and you are above the 3.0 mark so you should do well. Some schools, I'm thinking the PCOM's do require a committee letter or dean letter, so you need to look into that. Good luck!

Overall & science: 3.1
MCAT: 32

I have a letter from DO and a Professor, and have some hours shadowing at a hospital as well. I also have a CPA.

Thanks for your advice!

If you're applying this year you should apply everywhere because its getting late and by the time your application is verified it will be even later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure you look into the application requirements for the schools you are interested in. Like someone else said a LOT of them require professional/pre-health committee or other letters as well. Check into that and be honest about how much time you've really got left to apply.

I won't be applying till next year in Jan/Feb. I just wanted to get a list of 10-15 schools in mind as I move forward (to get their requirements down just like u guys suggested). Also, which schools have horrible clinical rotations? I know rocky Vista, touro, and azcom have pretty notorious images. Any other ones I should eliminate from the list because they have a bad clinical rotation set up? Hopefully I can just get into PCOM lol

I won't be applying till next year in Jan/Feb. I just wanted to get a list of 10-15 schools in mind as I move forward (to get their requirements down just like u guys suggested). Also, which schools have horrible clinical rotations? I know rocky Vista, touro, and azcom have pretty notorious images. Any other ones I should eliminate from the list because they have a bad clinical rotation set up? Hopefully I can just get into PCOM lol

You can't apply until June 1 (but you can begin filling out the app & send in transcripts May 1).

And don't discount AZCOM yet. It seems that they've worked to improve their rotations since all the negative posts were made. They are even letting people pick their rotation areas right at acceptance this year so they know where they'll be. Even though I have a DMU acceptance, I am leaning towards AZCOM.

I'd just look at the CIB and begin making a list of schools that interest you. Make sure you have a science letter too.

The doctor I'm shadowing right now went to DMU, and he got into ortho. He has his own practice and seems to be doing pretty well. I think he's cool as ****. Go to DMU dude.

Whats CIB?

The doctor I'm shadowing right now went to DMU, and he got into ortho. He has his own practice and seems to be doing pretty well. I think he's cool as ****. Go to DMU dude.

I think you were addressing me, but I'm not a dude. :laugh:

I know intellectually I should probably go to DMU, but for some reason I seem to be feeling I should go to AZCOM in my gut. The feeling I got on interview day made AZCOM just seemed more 'right'.

I still have a month to decide.

Sorry, its hard to tell genders on these things, and as a guy I'm used to browsing forums that are more heavily read by other men. But pick DMU, your becoming a doctor - heart pumps blood, brain thinks!

Sorry, its hard to tell genders on these things, and as a guy I'm used to browsing forums that are more heavily read by other men. But pick DMU, your becoming a doctor - heart pumps blood, brain thinks!

I see ortho in your future :smuggrin: