SpacemanSpifff

7+ Year Member
May 8, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey guys, first post and new to this hotspot known as SDN! I was wondering if you guys would be gracious enough to give me a quick rundown. How competitive I will be in the upcoming cycle? And maybe give me some pointers on where to apply? I'm from Idaho so I have a decent shot at University of Washington I think, but not sure where else I should be applying.

I have a 3.58 cumulative GPA and around a 3.65 science GPA. I switched from humanities to a science major in sophomore year, and improved my GPA every semester. I took the MCAT last year and scraped a 30 (should have studied for that bad boy, it was harder than I expected!).

As far as other stuff goes I was a varsity athlete at my school, and have a lot of clinical experience as I was a CNA for a year and a half. I've got a bit of research experience, about a year as a clinical research assistant. I haven't been able to publish anything yet, but might be getting to that soon (fingers crossed). I've shadowed a number of different docs and I think the total hours amounts to about two hundred. I've done a lot of volunteering as a coach for youth sports, and some other stuff but I don't want to make this too long.

So what do you guys think? Where should I be focusing my efforts this cycle? I'm open to MD and DO schools, just want to practice medicine. Thanks for the help!

Cogitate

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Maybe McDonalds? Kidding. With a 3.65 and 30, you'd have a great shot at a state MD school and almost all DO schools. Good luck!

About the Ads

Cogitate

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Why does SDN show "Similar Threads" from years ago? That's so annoying.

About the Ads