1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

where should i make applications to?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Doogie Howser, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Doogie Howser

Doogie Howser practicing since age 12
    5+ Year Member

i have a 3.45 gpa with a major in cell biology and neuroscience and a minor in math and psych. 3.5 science gpa with a 22/22/19 AA/TS/PAT on the dat.

do i have a shot at the top tier schools or will i have enough trouble gettong into regular schools

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. reapply2007

reapply2007 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm not sure what the difference is between top and regular schools. Most people are happy just getting in somewhere.

4. doc toothache

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    That depends on whether you would prefer and hope for an acceptance or are looking forward to reapplying in 08.

5. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    If you clarify what you mean by top tier and regular...maybe people can respond better. Since there aren't any official dental school rankings, we need to know what you consider top tier in order to be able to give any advice on whether you have a chance at those schools. Also, more info than just GPA and DATs usually come to factor into an acceptance.

6. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    top tier are obviously ones that prepare you to be a better dentist. The ivy leagues.:D lol

OP - you can become a great dentist no matter what school you go to. I would look at your personal state of residence. Apply to those schools. If you have no state school - apply to private schools and the public schools that accept out of state students.

Louisville
    Case Western
    Temple
    UNLV
    UoP
    USC
    NYU
    Buffalo
    etc.