where should i make applications to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doogie Howser

practicing since age 12
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a 3.45 gpa with a major in cell biology and neuroscience and a minor in math and psych. 3.5 science gpa with a 22/22/19 AA/TS/PAT on the dat.

do i have a shot at the top tier schools or will i have enough trouble gettong into regular schools

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what the difference is between top and regular schools. Most people are happy just getting in somewhere.

i have a 3.45 gpa with a major in cell biology and neuroscience and a minor in math and psych. 3.5 science gpa with a 22/22/19 AA/TS/PAT on the dat.

do i have a shot at the top tier schools or will i have enough trouble gettong into regular schools

That depends on whether you would prefer and hope for an acceptance or are looking forward to reapplying in 08.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you clarify what you mean by top tier and regular...maybe people can respond better. Since there aren't any official dental school rankings, we need to know what you consider top tier in order to be able to give any advice on whether you have a chance at those schools. Also, more info than just GPA and DATs usually come to factor into an acceptance.

top tier are obviously ones that prepare you to be a better dentist. The ivy leagues.:D lol

OP - you can become a great dentist no matter what school you go to. I would look at your personal state of residence. Apply to those schools. If you have no state school - apply to private schools and the public schools that accept out of state students.

Louisville
Case Western
Temple
UNLV
UoP
USC
NYU
Buffalo
etc.