Where should I start?

BlueHat

Jun 25, 2012
  1. Pre-Dental
    Okay, I am about to start studying for my DAT, but there are so many things to study for! WHat are your advice on where to begin? Should I take a practice exam to see my strengths and weaknesses? From looking at these forums here are the materials I plan to get

PAT: CDP
    QR: Math Destroyer, Chads
    GC: Destroyer, Chads
    OC: Chads,
    BIO: Kaplan and Barrons
    RC: no idea, perhaps Crack DAT?

Also, I plan on getting achiever and topscore
    are there any other stuff im missing or i should be good?

If you guys have any tips or advice, please let me know! they will be gladly appreciated!:love:

Glimmer1991

7+ Year Member
    May 5, 2012
    NC
    1. Dental Student
      Start chad, and start doing a chapter of Barron's AP bio a day. Once you get through all of Chad's videos the first time, do them again on fast play. When you finish Barron's AP, go through cliff's AP bio. Alternate doing reading and PAT practice every other day. Do a few problems in the math destroyer every day, but I would suggest watching chad before you start it. I would start doing destroyer once you have gone through chad 2x and both of the biology books. It worked for me! Also, I never took a single practice test, so I wouldn't focus on those, especially at the beginning. Just dive in! I studied a whole bunch of subjects every day instead of just doing one thing each day; I think this kept my mind fresh. I talked a little bit more about how I studied in my breakdown, and if you need any advice at all, feel free to ask! :)

Seahawk

Nothing to do here
      5+ Year Member
      Jul 21, 2010
      1. Dentist
        Chads or Cliffs/Barrons AP bio first... Then once you get through the 'learning' stages of GC/OC/BIO via those 2 sources...Then move on into doing questions in whatever source you want. I went back and forth a lot, but I had to cover the learning stages first. Especially since I had no bio background.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.