Where to apply to

Started by Gemini18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gemini18

Gemi
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a senior looking to apply to medical school. I am a black female with a cumulative 3.74 GPA . I did not calculate my science GPA. I believe it's in the 3.5-3.6 range. I took the MCAT in July and won't get my scores back until August 18. I don't feel too good about the MCAT, but I do feel pretty confident that I at least got in 40-50 percentile. I have many volunteer experience. Some of my experience is through the hospital in the nicu department, the Women's Care Center and the homeless center. I am involved in many clubs and honor's society. I have shadowed my pediatric doctor. I am a pharmacy techinician. I have received all of my lors. The only thing I am worried about is my MCAT score. When I took the AMCAS practice test the day before the exam; I got in the 60 range for the amount of questions correct for the sciences and psychology section. The verbal section I got in the high 70 range for the amount of questions correct. I am looking to apply to MD and Do schools. What are some of the schools that I should apply to if I were to score in the 40-50 percentile?
 
Last edited:
Any and all medical schools (MD) you want to get in to. If you want to go somewhere, don't limit yourself by not applying to a school that interests you.