Where to apply to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gemini18

Gemi
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior looking to apply to medical school. I am a black female with a cumulative 3.74 GPA . I did not calculate my science GPA. I believe it's in the 3.5-3.6 range. I took the MCAT in July and won't get my scores back until August 18. I don't feel too good about the MCAT, but I do feel pretty confident that I at least got in 40-50 percentile. I have many volunteer experience. Some of my experience is through the hospital in the nicu department, the Women's Care Center and the homeless center. I am involved in many clubs and honor's society. I have shadowed my pediatric doctor. I am a pharmacy techinician. I have received all of my lors. The only thing I am worried about is my MCAT score. When I took the AMCAS practice test the day before the exam; I got in the 60 range for the amount of questions correct for the sciences and psychology section. The verbal section I got in the high 70 range for the amount of questions correct. I am looking to apply to MD and Do schools. What are some of the schools that I should apply to if I were to score in the 40-50 percentile?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Any and all medical schools (MD) you want to get in to. If you want to go somewhere, don't limit yourself by not applying to a school that interests you.