Where to apply?

Started by Meadows22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Meadows22

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Below are my stats. My GRE score is not perfect and is limiting my choices for schools. I want to apply to 10 schools all together and I'm looking for suggestions on two more schools. The only states I can't go to is TX, NM, AZ, AL, IA, KS, NY, or NV.

University: University of Maryland University College
Major: Psychology
Minor: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: V:151 Q: 148 AW: 4.0

Extra-Curric: Wounded Warrior Project, Red Cross, Relay for Life, Alpha Sigma Lambda Tau Chapter Honor Society

Volunteer: 180 hours in various settings (Inpatient, Outpatient, Aquatics and Pediatrics)

I am going to be applying to USD, UNF, UCF, Shenendoah, Chatham, NOVA Southeastern, University of Nebraska and Lynchburg College.
 
What's your state residency? That's a big factor to consider. Many state schools hardly accept any out of state students.
 
if a school states their GRE min is 150 don't bother applying. they won't even look at your application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't apply to any out-of-state schools. Unless you're an exceptional student, you won't be accepted and you'll pay too much in tuition to attend that school.
 
I wasn't planning on applying to schools that have a minimum of 150 because I don't have that. I'm a Florida resident and I'm applying to a few out of state schools. I'm a veteran and will receive in-state tuition in many states even though I'm not a resident there. I'll be using my GI Bill for two years of grad school so I'm not worried about the tuition honestly. I won't have any student debt when I enter grad school. I didn't realize how hard it was to get into out of state schools so on the note I think I will apply to more Florida schools. Thanks for the comments!
 
Yes, many state schools only accept less than 5 students (or around there) from out of state in a class of 50. So those out of state students are usually the highest tier on application competitiveness level. It's time and money to apply so i wouldn't waste time on those outside shots.