Where to apply?

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by Meadows22, 05.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Meadows22

Meadows22 2+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    Below are my stats. My GRE score is not perfect and is limiting my choices for schools. I want to apply to 10 schools all together and I'm looking for suggestions on two more schools. The only states I can't go to is TX, NM, AZ, AL, IA, KS, NY, or NV.

University: University of Maryland University College
    Major: Psychology
    Minor: Biology
    Overall GPA: 3.7
    Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
    GRE: V:151 Q: 148 AW: 4.0

Extra-Curric: Wounded Warrior Project, Red Cross, Relay for Life, Alpha Sigma Lambda Tau Chapter Honor Society

Volunteer: 180 hours in various settings (Inpatient, Outpatient, Aquatics and Pediatrics)

I am going to be applying to USD, UNF, UCF, Shenendoah, Chatham, NOVA Southeastern, University of Nebraska and Lynchburg College.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. starrsgirl

starrsgirl 5+ Year Member

Physical Therapy Student
    What's your state residency? That's a big factor to consider. Many state schools hardly accept any out of state students.

4. rltruong

rltruong 2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    if a school states their GRE min is 150 don't bother applying. they won't even look at your application.

5. NewTestament

NewTestament 5+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    Don't apply to any out-of-state schools. Unless you're an exceptional student, you won't be accepted and you'll pay too much in tuition to attend that school.

starrsgirl likes this.
  6. Meadows22

Meadows22 2+ Year Member

DPT / OTD
    I wasn't planning on applying to schools that have a minimum of 150 because I don't have that. I'm a Florida resident and I'm applying to a few out of state schools. I'm a veteran and will receive in-state tuition in many states even though I'm not a resident there. I'll be using my GI Bill for two years of grad school so I'm not worried about the tuition honestly. I won't have any student debt when I enter grad school. I didn't realize how hard it was to get into out of state schools so on the note I think I will apply to more Florida schools. Thanks for the comments!

7. starrsgirl

starrsgirl 5+ Year Member

Physical Therapy Student
    Yes, many state schools only accept less than 5 students (or around there) from out of state in a class of 50. So those out of state students are usually the highest tier on application competitiveness level. It's time and money to apply so i wouldn't waste time on those outside shots.

About the ads