??Where to Apply???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mozart_fan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in Washington state and intend to enter Pharmacy school (UW or WSU) after undergrad....but...

Where should we apply? The pharmacist I work with only applied to one school, I suppose that works for some people.

Should be apply to whatever public school(s) are in our state, and if we apply to out of state schools- they should be private because public schools prefer state residents?

Members don't see this ad.

mozart_fan said:
I live in Washington state and intend to enter Pharmacy school (UW or WSU) after undergrad....but...

Where should we apply? The pharmacist I work with only applied to one school, I suppose that works for some people.

Should be apply to whatever public school(s) are in our state, and if we apply to out of state schools- they should be private because public schools prefer state residents?

Hi there!

I'm also from WA state. :) When I applied to pharmacy schools last year, I applied to just UW and 7 out-of-state schools (3 private, 4 public). I would apply to schools you're interested in, regardless of private vs. public. But do keep in mind that some schools (Univ of Connecticut, for instance), take in VERY FEW out-of-state students. But schools like Univ of Maryland take in quite a few... so I'd suggest doing a bit of research on the schools you wouldn't mind going to. If you have any questions about the Univ of WA, feel free to ask! I'm currently a first year student there. =)