??Where to Apply???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mozart_fan

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I live in Washington state and intend to enter Pharmacy school (UW or WSU) after undergrad....but...

Where should we apply? The pharmacist I work with only applied to one school, I suppose that works for some people.

Should be apply to whatever public school(s) are in our state, and if we apply to out of state schools- they should be private because public schools prefer state residents?
 
mozart_fan said:
I live in Washington state and intend to enter Pharmacy school (UW or WSU) after undergrad....but...

Where should we apply? The pharmacist I work with only applied to one school, I suppose that works for some people.

Should be apply to whatever public school(s) are in our state, and if we apply to out of state schools- they should be private because public schools prefer state residents?

Hi there!

I'm also from WA state. 🙂 When I applied to pharmacy schools last year, I applied to just UW and 7 out-of-state schools (3 private, 4 public). I would apply to schools you're interested in, regardless of private vs. public. But do keep in mind that some schools (Univ of Connecticut, for instance), take in VERY FEW out-of-state students. But schools like Univ of Maryland take in quite a few... so I'd suggest doing a bit of research on the schools you wouldn't mind going to. If you have any questions about the Univ of WA, feel free to ask! I'm currently a first year student there. =)