Where to Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiU

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, wondering if I can get some insight on where else I should apply to.

I will be applying to: Ohio State, Case, Meharry, Boston.

I am a resident of Ohio with good laboratory work/experience, tons of community service, two jobs at dental practices, working at an oral path lab this summer, going to be a senior at Miami (OH). My GPA is a little shaky (o-3.1, s-3.0) and I am taking the DAT in about three weeks. I have been doing very well on practice exams (AA of around 20-22) so hopefully I will score high.

I was just wondering where else I should apply to with my lower stats. I know OSU is a long shot but I figured I would apply there because I'm in state.

Members don't see this ad.

Here's the ADEA link for the 2007 cycle for all dental schools taking AADSAS, to include directions on supplemental apps/fees and when to send them. Once the 2008 cycle starts later in May you'll probably need to change the 2007 to 2008 in order to make sure you have current info. Otherwise, I suggest you start by figuring out where you are eligible. The basics don't change much from year to year.

https://aadsas.adea.org/aadsas2007/supplemental/ins_designations_supp.htm

ok sounds good! thanks a lot for the input!!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are not a minority please do not waste time applying to meharry...I was waitlisted with a 22/3.89 sGPA.....

. ., a few people and myself were advised in similar ways.
1. Pick a couple places you would love to go. . .
2. Pick your state school (s) . . .

Agree. Considerations for choosing schools: $$$, location, average GPA and DAT of previous years, among many others. Decide what's important for you and choose. No easy way out of it.