Where to begin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tnfifn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to start medical school in September. I am interested in dermatology and want to make sure its the right career. Are there are any recommended beginners books, videos, and websites?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing beats real experience, I'd suggest shadowing a day in clinic to see if you like it

Yes! I agree with you. When you are going to go to Med School try to visit first a clinic or ask for a doctor's advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
First, start by mastering your own skin. Just to stay sharp, I master mine at least 3-4 times/week.

Then, once you've got yours good and mastered, start in on your friends and neighbors. Learn their skin's wants and desires. Learn their deeper need.

This way, when you go to rotate with a dermatologist, you can show them all your skin mastery on day one, and blow their mind.

First, start by mastering your own skin. Just to stay sharp, I master mine at least 3-4 times/week.

Then, once you've got yours good and mastered, start in on your friends and neighbors. Learn their skin's wants and desires. Learn their deeper need.

This way, when you go to rotate with a dermatologist, you can show them all your skin mastery on day one, and blow their mind.
i was thinking about learning some material before i go, since it will look better. I have some resources which I have started with. Are there any beginners resources you would recommend?

i was thinking about learning some material before i go, since it will look better. I have some resources which I have started with. Are there any beginners resources you would recommend?

Cinemax. anything after 11:30pm should work.

first, start by mastering your own skin. Just to stay sharp, i master mine at least 3-4 times/week.

it puts the lotion on its skin