Where to do Clinicals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The_Trainer

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
I'm starting to think about my clinical rotations, and wanted to get some input.

My program is set up so that I have three 12-week clinical rotations. One must be inpatient, one outpatient, and one of choice.

I'm looking for the best clinical opportunity, regardless of the location (actually looking forward to traveling)

So far my idea for inpatient is the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. I live in the area so i'd actually get to move home and save money, and they are world-renown.

Any other places to receive an outstanding clinical experience?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you set up/find your own clinicals or does your school? A lot of schools have contracts with certain sites and try and use those site before soliciting new ones. Just keep in mind if it is such a great place it may be very difficult to get a rotation there (dosnt mean you shouldn't try!), so just be aware.