Where to do Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paintballguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm a 2nd yr D.O. medical student considering going into PM&R. I'd like to rotate at one of these places: Tufts Medical, Spaulding Rehab, Albany Medical, Temple Univ. Is there any reason that one of these would not be a good choice for me to rotate at? Info like whether these places are DO friendly or any other positive or negative trait these programs might have would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
I'm a 2nd yr D.O. medical student considering going into PM&R. I'd like to rotate at one of these places: Tufts Medical, Spaulding Rehab, Albany Medical, Temple Univ. Is there any reason that one of these would not be a good choice for me to rotate at? Info like whether these places are DO friendly or any other positive or negative trait these programs might have would be greatly appreciated.

the entire field is generally DO friendly.

the chairman of the program at Spaulding is a DO. A large portion of the current residents at Temple now are Osteopathic grads.

You should rotate somewhere you are seriously considering going. It will give you real insight into what the program is like, as well as give you an inside track into getting into the program.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I'm from Mass so I'd love to go to any of the Boston residencies if this is the specialty for me. I have heard that PM&R was a good one in general for DOs, but I just wasn't sure if there were any exceptions.

From that list I'd go to Spaulding and Temple as I've interacted with both of these programs and hold them in high regard. I have no real experience to comment from on the other two.