Where to donate medical school textbook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1077853

Hi all. Looking to see if you all have any recommendations on where I can donate a medical school textbook. It’s a histology textbook that I got before first year and I really don't use it. Rather than have it sitting on my desk accumulating dust, I want to donate it to a place that will actually benefit from it (not just give it to Goodwill or something like that). I did some Google searching already and AMSA’s list and their recommended company called Global Medical Libraries. But I wanted to first see if anyone here has another tried and true recommendation. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Leave it in medical school on a table in a lounge with a note “free”. In my school that’s what we do.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A bonfire. They make for great party tricks when you toss them in. Everyone cheers.
Never thought of that but it’s a genius idea! I’ll have to get on that lol

Leave it in medical school on a table in a lounge with a note “free”. In my school that’s what we do.
This is a good idea too! If I can’t find an organization to donate it to then I’ll just do that. Or donate it to the bonfire like Lem0nz suggested haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all. Looking to see if you all have any recommendations on where I can donate a medical school textbook. It’s a histology textbook that I got before first year and I really don't use it. Rather than have it sitting on my desk accumulating dust, I want to donate it to a place that will actually benefit from it (not just give it to Goodwill or something like that). I did some Google searching already and AMSA’s list and their recommended company called Global Medical Libraries. But I wanted to first see if anyone here has another tried and true recommendation. Thanks in advance.
Who still uses textbooks. This isn't 2010.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I use textbooks. Listening to people tell me not to almost flunked me out of medical school.

Reactions: 4 users
Good for you OP for looking to donate. I always LOL at the people trying to sell their 2017 USMLE First Aid for $20 to an incoming M1s. Let this be a lesson to all incoming medical students to not buy textbooks from upperclassmen.

If AMSA is behind Global Medical Libraries send it there. I doubt any US medical student has use for an old histology textbook.

In cleaning out the closet I came across all my old medical school text books. I'm sure soon enough this will be obsolete... but for those looking to send them somewhere useful Global Medical Libraries will direct you where to send. You have to pay for shipping, but I hate to put these in the trash.

Email is [email protected]

I use textbooks. Listening to people tell me not to almost flunked me out of medical school.
Good on you honestly. Personally, i have no idea how one would have time to read the textbook. I get tired just reading my professor's slides but if the textbook works for you, it works i suppose