Where to eat for interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

that1guy

that1guy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just for fun I thought we could post the names, locations, and good dishes served at restaurants near pharmacy schools. I'll start.

Chicago: For those applying to UIC, there's a great little place called Freddie's Pizza and Sandwiches at the corner of 31st St and Union. Just take the 31st St exit off the Dan Ryan and go west on 31st. Try the breaded steak sandwich with red sauce and peppers. This is the best damn sandwich in the country, period!

Houston: I ate at a little Chinese place on Main St. right near the Medical Center. I think it was called Han's. The shrimp fried rice was delicious.

Anybody got a place in Amarillo or Austin?

Members don't see this ad.

In Austin, you have eat at Kerbey Lane Cafe on 26th and Guadalupe (a.k.a. The Drag) which happens to be right across from UT. If you are traveling or meeting up with someone there, you should definately hit up the Kerby Queso appetizer. For your meal they have anything from migas to hamburgers to pancakes. I'm getting hungry just writing this...

check them out on the web... www.kerbeylanecafe.com

I recommend eating at taco bell before your interview. Make sure to order extra refried beans on your burritos too.

Members don't see this ad :)
:))) LOL

RLK said:
I recommend eating at taco bell before your interview. Make sure to order extra refried beans on your burritos too.

RLK said:

teehee :p

I wonder if a school would reject you if you had a terrible case of the runs right in the middle of your interview. :rolleyes:

i like madam mam's on the drag. it's a nice little thai place with good food. plus they painted the outside green and red. italian colors. perhaps they were confused?

haha i'm going to amarillo tomorrow. actually in the airport right now waiting to board my flight. they said lunch is on our own and people keep saying that there's no food place within walking distance. wonderfulll.

If you're in Denver for a UCHSC interview, there's a Swing Thai, Heidi's Deli and Falafel King (garlic factor!) directly across Colorado Blvd (street that's directly west of the school). About a block south on that same side of Colorado is a place I love called Tokyo San. They do cheap, but pretty healthy Japanese food.

There's a greasy spoon katty-corner from the school on 8th Ave called Annie's. Good place for breakfast.

Troy

vicky336 said:
haha i'm going to amarillo tomorrow. actually in the airport right now waiting to board my flight. they said lunch is on our own and people keep saying that there's no food place within walking distance. wonderfulll.

The only place to eat within walking distance is the hospital cafeteria across the street. If you need some company for lunch I'd be happy to take ya somewhere. I will be at the school all day tomorrow. Anyway, PM me if you are interested. Good Luck tomorrow! The day is long, but it's fairly relaxed..so don't stress too much.