Where to get reading passages to practice DAT RC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothHurty32

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find passages to practice for the DAT RC, such as certain science websites, etc.? Anywhere that has passages similar to what can be expected on the DAT? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I used Crack DAT RC, and I found that to be very helpful. I averaged a 22 on 10 of their tests, and I got a 22 on the real thing.
Websites you can use to practice that I know of are DAT Bootcamp, DAT QVault, and Crack DAT RC if you are interested in finding more practice. Good luck!

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find passages to practice for the DAT RC, such as certain science websites, etc.? Anywhere that has passages similar to what can be expected on the DAT? Thanks.
The best advice for reading is to practice reading speed and comprehension. If you master that anything is thrown your way on the DAT will be doable. We also post reading almost daily on our FB page, all for free.

Dr. Romano

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ari suggested Scientific American. Most articles there are about the length of a passage in DAT with similar difficulty in terms of diction and syntax. Reading 1-2 articles everyday have helped me alot in prepping for the exam!

Reactions: 2 users
Ari suggested Scientific American. Most articles there are about the length of a passage in DAT with similar difficulty in terms of diction and syntax. Reading 1-2 articles everyday have helped me alot in prepping for the exam!

I agree! I read one article every night for about 7 weeks straight. I just read these and did the bootcamp practices, and saw a significant increase in my score. I think it is getting used to reading at a fast paced speed while extracting the correct information.

Reactions: 1 user
Food for thought, but my DAT was 100% search and destroyable while Bootcamp is not. In fact, the questions on my DAT practically went in order.

I have a question. In the DAT, are the questions distributed in order throughout the passage? or they are just random like bootcamp?
Mine were relatively in order, surprisingly. Though, this could have just been luck.

Reactions: 1 user