Where to go for optometry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICO or NOVA

• Total voters

eyedochuss1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I applied to and got accepted to PCO, ICO, SCO, and NOVA.
I narrowed it down to ICO and NOVA. I am having a real difficult time deciding between the two. I am from Michigan and location wise, ICO is a good bet, but after I interviewed at NOVA, I fell in love with the campus. I really liked both programs. Any input would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go where you think you'll be happiest. Both are good schools so you shouldn't nitpick about the differences in their programs, just go where you'll have the happiest, least stressful time attending. I personally hate living in Florida. I went to ICO and I enjoyed living in the dorms. My needs required living very near the school/clinic and having a cafeteria because I don't drive and I'm so disorganized that I cannot wake up on time and bother taking a bus to get to school. Not everyone has the same needs I do of course, but that's why I went to ICO - because the living conditions met my needs to be happy.

Reactions: 1 users
Go where you think you'll be happiest. Both are good schools so you shouldn't nitpick about the differences in their programs, just go where you'll have the happiest, least stressful time attending. I personally hate living in Florida. I went to ICO and I enjoyed living in the dorms. My needs required living very near the school/clinic and having a cafeteria because I don't drive and I'm so disorganized that I cannot wake up on time and bother taking a bus to get to school. Not everyone has the same needs I do of course, but that's why I went to ICO - because the living conditions met my needs to be happy.

Thanks for the input!

I would agree with the post above. You should really pick a school based on where you feel you will be the happiest. I applied to NECO and NOVA and got into both. I decided to attend NECO over NOVA. I have lived in florida for most of my life and went to undergrad here too. I personally don't like living in Florida and that is why I decided NECO over NOVA. Like you said, I too have had feel in love in NOVA's campus and many of my friends attend or have graduated from NOVA. But at the end of the day, I don't think I would be happy living in Florida for another 4 years.

I would agree with the post above. You should really pick a school based on where you feel you will be the happiest. I applied to NECO and NOVA and got into both. I decided to attend NECO over NOVA. I have lived in florida for most of my life and went to undergrad here too. I personally don't like living in Florida and that is why I decided NECO over NOVA. Like you said, I too have had feel in love in NOVA's campus and many of my friends attend or have graduated from NOVA. But at the end of the day, I don't think I would be happy living in Florida for another 4 years.

Thank you for you reply!

Hi guys, I applied to and got accepted to PCO, ICO, SCO, and NOVA.
I narrowed it down to ICO and NOVA. I am having a real difficult time deciding between the two. I am from Michigan and location wise, ICO is a good bet, but after I interviewed at NOVA, I fell in love with the campus. I really liked both programs. Any input would be much appreciated.

Hey,
I wanted to know what school you decided and how is your experience thus far. I'm stuck deciding between PCO and NOVA.