Where to go for undergrad- SLU or Ole Miss

Started by AGstl
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Which one?

  • SLU

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Ole Miss

    Votes: 2 50.0%

  • Total voters
    4

AGstl

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have narrowed my college search down to two schools SLU and Ole Miss. I am in the honors college at both schools and am in SLU's pre-med scholars program. I am looking at Ole Miss being 10k cheaper per year than SLU and I am a student from Missouri. I am very determined to go into medical school and already have shadowing experiences. Suggestions?
 
If you can see yourself at both schools, I'd chose Ole Miss and save some money.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I go to Ole Miss, and am in the honors college! Personally, I don't pay tuition at Ole Miss, which is a huge reason why I went. The higher you can raise your ACT by matriculation, the less you'll pay, so I would advise retaking if you think you can raise it. I made a 33, and pay no tuition even though I'm out of state. This is super helpful as a premed because when you pay for med school having prior student loan debt could affect your ability to get loans. In addition, I have totally loved my experience here and have been accepted to medical school as well. DM if you have more specific questions!