• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
Apr 3, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
Are there any dent schools that may cater towards a specific specialization (ortho)? Or its just easier to specialize if you go to one school over another? I applied to all the CA schools and NYU. I met two young UCLA grads who both advised me not to go to UCLA if i wanted to specialize. They told me to go to Loma Linda over UCLA. I'm wondering if theres any truth to this or if there are other schools that are good/not good for specializing.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
Are there any dent schools that may cater towards a specific specialization (ortho)? Or its just easier to specialize if you go to one school over another? I applied to all the CA schools and NYU. I met two young UCLA grads who both advised me not to go to UCLA if i wanted to specialize. They told me to go to Loma Linda over UCLA. I'm wondering if theres any truth to this or if there are other schools that are good/not good for specializing.
I dunno about that...
For the past couple of years, UCLA had a good number of their graduates match into OMFS, Ortho, and Peds (the 3 most competitive dental specialties).

About the Ads