1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Where to go if you want to specialize?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dng785, Aug 9, 2011.

1. dng785

Pre-Dental
    Are there any dent schools that may cater towards a specific specialization (ortho)? Or its just easier to specialize if you go to one school over another? I applied to all the CA schools and NYU. I met two young UCLA grads who both advised me not to go to UCLA if i wanted to specialize. They told me to go to Loma Linda over UCLA. I'm wondering if theres any truth to this or if there are other schools that are good/not good for specializing.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Muggsy Bogues

7+ Year Member

The cheapest school.

4. dentalWorks

dentalWorks Nights Watchmen
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I dunno about that...
    For the past couple of years, UCLA had a good number of their graduates match into OMFS, Ortho, and Peds (the 3 most competitive dental specialties).