Where to go

Started by orion771
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

orion771

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was recently accepted in the entering class of 2006 at NOVA and SCO. Now I just don't know what school to go to. I have heard SCO has a 95% passage on the boards and NOVA has a 67% passage rate. Other than that does anyone (current students/recent alumni) know what is a better school? Any information anyone can give regarding this matter would REALLY be WONDERFUL, whether it be pros/cons about each school. I just need help narrowing it down.

Also is there a ranking available of all the optometry schools? I know ASCO said there isnt, but I'm not sure if there is an unofficial one going around?
 
these threads may help you in your decision:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=165690&highlight=ranking

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=96409&highlight=ranking

cheers! 👍

orion771 said:
I was recently accepted in the entering class of 2006 at NOVA and SCO. Now I just don't know what school to go to. I have heard SCO has a 95% passage on the boards and NOVA has a 67% passage rate. Other than that does anyone (current students/recent alumni) know what is a better school? Any information anyone can give regarding this matter would REALLY be WONDERFUL, whether it be pros/cons about each school. I just need help narrowing it down.

Also is there a ranking available of all the optometry schools? I know ASCO said there isnt, but I'm not sure if there is an unofficial one going around?
 
orion771 said:
I was recently accepted in the entering class of 2006 at NOVA and SCO. Now I just don't know what school to go to. I have heard SCO has a 95% passage on the boards and NOVA has a 67% passage rate. Other than that does anyone (current students/recent alumni) know what is a better school? Any information anyone can give regarding this matter would REALLY be WONDERFUL, whether it be pros/cons about each school. I just need help narrowing it down.

Also is there a ranking available of all the optometry schools? I know ASCO said there isnt, but I'm not sure if there is an unofficial one going around?

Here's another thread

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=239439