Where to have mail sent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaQUp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My home is about 4 hours away from where I go to school. What should I put for my preferred address when I apply? During the summer I will need the mail to go to my home, but when I get to school I don't want the mail to still be going to my home because I won't get it. And then for Christmas break I will be home again.

I can't be the only one with this problem. Do I have my mail sent to my school address or my home?

Members don't see this ad.

Here in Canada we have mail forwarding...we just go to the mail office place and tell them that we want all the mail arriving to this address to be forwarded to that address for this period of time (usually they do it for 3-6 months but I'm sure it can be done for less) for a small charge (for the several months its around 30 bucks i think...not sure)
You guys probably have that in the states too...lol...

on your AADSAS application you can change your mailing address at any time. once you change your address they will fwd your new info to every school.

so when you apply, put your home addy. then a week before you go back to school, put your school addy. simple.

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
on your AADSAS application you can change your mailing address at any time. once you change your address they will fwd your new info to every school.

so when you apply, put your home addy. then a week before you go back to school, put your school addy. simple.

Oh ok, I didn't know you could change it that easily. Thanks!

I would have used a P.O. box at the post office if i could do it over again

i just had everything sent to my home address.

i just had everything sent to my home address.

How did that work out? Did you have your parents forward the mail to you, or did your parents open the letters for you? I'm worried that there are deadlines and it might be a problem if the mail goes to my home and then has to be forwarded to me at school.

in theory this sounds great, but it all depends on the different admin. assistants at all the different schools actually paying attention to all electronic and mailed updates that AADSAS sends them. I would not trust that this is entirely reliable way of getting your mailing address changed.... I would send it home; there are deadline you have to meet but non are so urgent that 2-4 days in forwarding to you would make a big difference. Most interview response can be done over the phone or via email..

(if you do decide to do the whole aadsas update thing, i would call and confirm with every school, to make sure they have your updated address whenever you change it)

All you need is someone at home willing to check the mail and update you daily.

Good luck on your application cycle!:D