Where to post for roommates...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

G0T2PS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Sorry.. but where is the appropriate place to look for roommates for pharmacy school?? I thought the answer be obvious but then I looked around this site.. i couldn't find the spot. Please direct this technophobe...

Julianne

War Eagle!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry.. but where is the appropriate place to look for roommates for pharmacy school?? I thought the answer be obvious but then I looked around this site.. i couldn't find the spot. Please direct this technophobe...

There's a "classified" drop down menu at the top of this page... has things like Wanted, Housing, Personal, on it. It's not specific to the pharmacy forum, though, so you might want to mention pharmacy in the title of your post. Is that what you were looking for?

G0T2PS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think the "classified" might work... I just don't see anybody posting for roommates. Well, I'm headed for CA.. I'm guessing people don't really worry about this issue and just find somebody when school starts??

Idesiretosling

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if Pharm schools collected information from students when they made their deposit about living arrangements. That way people who were looking for Pharm roommate could be sent a list of people who are also looking for a roommate. I don't think it could hurt to suggest it to the school. Who knows they might think its a good idea.

rani630

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That would definitely be a great idea. It would make the whole transition process a little easier with one less thing to worry about =)

Julianne

War Eagle!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if Pharm schools collected information from students when they made their deposit about living arrangements. That way people who were looking for Pharm roommate could be sent a list of people who are also looking for a roommate. I don't think it could hurt to suggest it to the school. Who knows they might think its a good idea.

I know that Mercer does this and it's a great service! It might not be a bad idea to ask the school about it (if they don't have anything available now, maybe you could help to set it up for future students).

Julianne

War Eagle!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think the "classified" might work... I just don't see anybody posting for roommates. Well, I'm headed for CA.. I'm guessing people don't really worry about this issue and just find somebody when school starts??

USC has a pretty active thread going on here right now - maybe you could ask them for suggestions. Also, there are many OL sites out there (craiglist?, roommate.com, campusroommates.com, etc.) that might help.

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

FAFSA application has segment asking if living on-campus or off. This could be used as a starting point for compliling such a list.