Where to put the publication?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I seem cannot find where to put my publication works. Is it under Awards, Honor, Scholarship or is it under the Research experience or we put it in our personal statement:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I seem cannot find where to put my publication works. Is it under Awards, Honor, Scholarship or is it under the Research experience or we put it in our personal statement:scared:

If you are intelligent enough to get something published (and did not ride on someone else's coattails) you are intelligent enough to figure this out on your own.

If you are intelligent enough to get something published (and did not ride on someone else's coattails) you are intelligent enough to figure this out on your own.

No need to be rude...

I'm going to be published soon, and will be applying for next year's cycle. I think I might put that under "research", but I don't really know the format of the application.

Hi,

I suggest saying "published article" in the section of the AADSAS application about "research experience," and leave the actual citation until the secondaries (this is a place where you can also stuff it with conferences, presentations, abstracts, etc.). Alternatively, you can print out a copy of your published paper (in the official journal format) and attach it with the secondaries. Another option would be to bring a copy to the interviews and impress the interviewers with it--this is actually not as showy as it sounds and is a standard practice in academic interviews.