Step I Where to start in USMLE prep?

Started by dr barb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dr barb

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK. I just finished my first year and I wanted to start studying for the USMLE. Where should I start? Should I just review all the sujects I learned this year from class notes/review books or do I need to start practicing more clinically based questions? I really have no idea where to begin? Please help!!!😱
 
the usmle includes "clinical vignettes," but these are in no way clinical questions. If you really want to waste your last free summer, go over anatomy, physiology, embryo, biochem, etc -- all the basic first year stuff.

do take some time off though, 2nd year is tough and you need to rest up for it.