Where to Start with QR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey guys. So my test is scheduled for the 27th of July. I have math destroyer and am trying to do practice problems but honestly so much of it is not clicking, especially with word problems. I feel terrible because I have been putting math off for so long during my studies but I am just not able to work alot of problems out. I need more of a refresher rather than learn all the fundamentals, but I still feel like I need a lot of work.

Trig and geometry I am sure I can bear once i get accustomed to all the formulas and what not. I also have a subscription to Chad's videos but I have heard his QR content isn't as great as his other stuff. What are anyone's recommendations on how to tackle this section? I am not aiming for a 26 here but a 17 would be upsetting as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I felt the same way when I started a month and a half ago. It had been forever ago since I was doing real trigonometry and geometry. I also never properly learned about combinations and permutations. I've gone through nearly all the math destroyer now, and QR scores on DAT Bootcamp practice exams have jumped up dramatically. Just practice, practice, practice! Some of Chad's videos are helpful but some are definitely skippable. Khan academy has great videos and problems to ram in the concepts too! Good luck

I felt the same way when I started a month and a half ago. It had been forever ago since I was doing real trigonometry and geometry. I also never properly learned about combinations and permutations. I've gone through nearly all the math destroyer now, and QR scores on DAT Bootcamp practice exams have jumped up dramatically. Just practice, practice, practice! Some of Chad's videos are helpful but some are definitely skippable. Khan academy has great videos and problems to ram in the concepts too! Good luck
Would it be reasonable to say that after a while you just see them repeating the same patterns over and over again for a bunch of questions? In other words, once you stress out about the same type of question 3-4 times you finally crack it and will always get them right again. I really just don't want a poor math grade overall to bring down my AA, but I also want to focus on my sciences and reading

I feel the same way about the QR, I started on the DAT destroyer book, not the math destroyer yet, but I been getting mostly everything wrong!.. I'm really surprised and don't know what to do about this scary section!!, I been good in math and I took cal 3 already, but I don't know why its so hard