Where to Start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdwmont

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get a head start on DAT preparation for next year's test. The problem is I have absolutely no idea where to start! I am especially nervous about gen chem. I did well in the class but am scared of working through problems without a calculator.

Any suggestions on what book, etc. to use would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

PAT would be a place to start.
Don't worry about the calc, its not something you have to use calculator for.
Study material:
Destroyer, Achiever (buy this one few weeks before the test...it has an expiration date), Kaplan review, schaum's outine of biology, cliff's AP bio, Campbell biology, notes from your class (for chm), Crack DAT PAT, Organic chm Odyssey (most ppl think its an overkill, but I liked it)...etc...there has been many posts on this subject, so do some search and you will find some helpful ones.

I am trying to get a head start on DAT preparation for next year's test. The problem is I have absolutely no idea where to start! I am especially nervous about gen chem. I did well in the class but am scared of working through problems without a calculator.

Any suggestions on what book, etc. to use would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Learn how to estimate for calculations you will find estimating invaluable.
I used Destroyer for the sciences and for bio I supplemented the destroyer with cliffs. For math i used destroyer as well as any math practice online that i could find. For the reading just stay away from achiever their reading is way easier than the actual DAT and all their other sections are much much harder. I hated achiever and i would not reccomend it to anyone. Study hard and you will be ok.