Where to take the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMD to Be

not luffin' this weather.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does it matter where you take the DAT? Do schools see the location where it is taken? Just wondering. I'm an Alabama resident, but want to reschedule for a week later and the testing center I'm registered for now is booked up for that Saturday. Would it matter if I take it in a different state?

Members don't see this ad.

DMD to Be said:
Does it matter where you take the DAT? Do schools see the location where it is taken? Just wondering. I'm an Alabama resident, but want to reschedule for a week later and the testing center I'm registered for now is booked up for that Saturday. Would it matter if I take it in a different state?

You can take the exam in Hawaii (if there is a center there). School's do not care and will not know where you take your exam. :luck:

tinman831 said:
You can take the exam in Hawaii (if there is a center there). School's do not care and will not know where you take your exam. :luck:

ok, thanks.... :)

Kind of a related question....are percentiles calculated nationally or by the testing center. Would the center you choose have any affect on the difficulty or your percentile for a given score? Pry a stupid question...