Where to take upper division?

Started by pvnguyen1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pvnguyen1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to take an upper division bio class at a 4-year college. Do I need to apply as a formal student, or can I just take it as an extended education student? I was looking at UCI, CSU Long Beach, CSU Fullerton. None of them has any upper division bio classes in the evening because I work during daytime.
 
Thats one of the sucky things about being a non-trad student...

We have to work around our job-schedule to get classes to fit. Its pretty tough but eventually its doable (keyword "eventually")

There are MANY different types of "biology upper level" sciences... things like Genetics, Immunology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, Pharmacalogy, and more that I can't think of are all considered "upper level biological sciences".... Check and make sure that NONE of them are being offered during the evening, there are more than 10 courses like these, Im sure one of them will be offered in the evenings

IF none of them are being offered at ALL the schools you mentioned, you go to plan B: See if you can flex your job schedule, tell your manager (for example) that instead of doing a 8am-5pm shift, you'll do a 11pm-8pm shift, thats how I've been able to do it, sometimes, I am able to flex my schedule this way and its helped me alot in my post-bacc studies.

If plan B doesn't work, go to Plan C lol, this is where you quit your job and go become a fulltime post-bacc student