Where Will You Be Next Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twiggers

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've lost track of where everyone is going to, etc. SO I thought this would be nice for us to tell everyone where we decided to go.
It may help some with housing, getting info about the city, etc.

And congrats to all!!!!! We made it through this awful process!!! YIPPEE

I'll be at University of Notre Dame.

We've purchased a house (they just approved our offer yesterday) for a mere $56,000 (Man I love the Midwest...I can't buy a garage out in California for that amount). We'll be moving out there at the end of June. We've already starting going through our house now for garage sale stuff, and will be getting rid of almost all our furniture and appliances (they're all old and will save us money in the move). Penske is the cheapest do-it-yourself moving company in case anyone is looking at one way moves.

Members don't see this ad.

I meant to start one of these threads yesterday, but didn't get a chance to. Oh well, you beat me to it. I'll be attending the Virginia Consortium next year. Wow, you did the moving stuff very quickly twiggers, impressive.

Good luck to everyone next year. It has been really helpful to read everyone's posts as we have all gone through this challenging process.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be attending Saint Louis University. I plan on moving in the beggining of of July. Me and my mom are trying to find a condo to buy as opposed to wasting money on rent. And this site, any many of you have been very helpful, and I wish you all the best luck! :)

So you finally decided on Notre Dame?!? I was waiting to see if you posted anything about your trip to Purdue, but I had a feeling you'd go with ND since that was your dream school.

In any case, I'll be attending Purdue in the fall and will be moving out to Indiana in early August.

Good luck to everyone!! I can't tell you all how much I relied on these boards and all of you to get me through the days of anxiously waiting to hear something from any school! Thank you! :)

Hiya RES,

Yes...ND is the final choice. Purdue was a nice school, people were great, but the research area wasn't exactly what I wanted.

Yes we got going fast...found a dream house and had to move quickly.

I'm going to Indiana U. of PA. My husband and I will probably move in August, loads to do until then.

I'll be living in a completely different environment, but I liked it a lot during my brief visit, so hopefully the adjustment won't be too hard.

Best wishes to you all. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for those still waitlisted.

Hi guys-

Congrats to all for your hard work and acceptances!!

I'll be going to Emory (clinical) this fall. I already live in Atlanta (got my MPH here at Emory last spring), so it will not be much of a change. My husband also goes to Emory (working on his PhD as well). I am sort of envious of everyone who is moving to a new, exciting place! Good luck to each of you.......

Moving to a new place can be fun....but I think challenging is more the right word.
We're in chaos right now doing loan papers for the house, it has no appliances so lots of shopping to do, we're having a bunch of garage sales, then yippee the moving 2200 miles across the country....we have to transport: an RV (6 miles to the gallon), Suburban (8 mpg), Nissan Frontier (luckily 30 mpg), a moving truck (5 mpg and diesel to boot which is more expensive), and tow a trailer of toys.
Although winnie.....I don't envy you...moving from Asia...yikes!!!!
BUT....once that's all done we'll all be settled in, and enjoying grad school (or slaving away in grad school). I guess in the long run it will all be worth it.
A little thing that made my day....I was checking to see if Indiana had SBC DSL...they do...yaaa don't have to change email address - it's the little things that excite me now :)

Off to Xavier University in Cincy Ohio! And hey, congrats people!

Hey everyone, thanks for all your advice and help through this thread! Wouldn't be here without it!

I'll be attending UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (clinical).

I will be attending the Temple clinical program in the fall. Congrats to everyone and thanks for all the support over the past few months.

ChildPsych said:
I will be attending the Temple clinical program in the fall. Congrats to everyone and thanks for all the support over the past few months.

ChildPsych- I am so happy for you that you got in to Temple! I know you really wanted to go there!

I just found out that my fiance got accepted to UPenn Medical School so we will be moving to Philadelphia. I am going to accept the offer at Drexel University!

Go Eagles!

Congrats Sara...that's great that the 2 of you get to stay together :)

twiggers said:
Congrats Sara...that's great that the 2 of you get to stay together :)

Yeah, there was no option for us to be apart. We didn't even consider it. And luckily for us, we had three matches! In the end we chose Philly for location (urban, east coast) and we both had stellar programs to go to there. He will be Ivy League and I will be working with a great mentor!

So thanks for the congrats, and congrats to everyone on here for all of their hard work paying off! Good Luck to everyone!

I will also be attending Temple's clinical program in the fall--ChildPsych, who are you working with? :)

I'll be in the clinical PhD program at the University of Arkansas