chkntony

10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I'm deciding between WVSOM and touroCOM-NY. (Maybe LECOM-erie, interview next week)
Well, both of schools are not on top of my list, but these are only places I've had interview and accepted from. I got to make a decision by next week whether to turn down Touro.

I heard touro-ny's clinical rotation is horrible..
WVSOM is in nowhere! :confused::confused:

Your thoughts?

trauma12

OMS-I
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
www.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
I'm deciding between WVSOM and touroCOM-NY. (Maybe LECOM-erie, interview next week)
Well, both of schools are not on top of my list, but these are only places I've had interview and accepted from. I got to make a decision by next week whether to turn down Touro.

I heard touro-ny's clinical rotation is horrible..
WVSOM is in nowhere! :confused::confused:

Your thoughts?
WVSOM by far...

BCon902

PCOM c/o 2011
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
Status
Resident [Any Field]
is WVSOM tuition still a million dollars? go to the cheaper one...medical education is all what you make of it...the education is the same where ever you go. Try to get out with as little debt as you can.

MrBeauregard

Soon-to-be PGY-1
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
WVSOM.

I'm biased because I'm a student there.

PunkmedGirl

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
LECOM-E if you get in...if not then WVSOM.

Longshanks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
New York
Status
Medical Student
LECOM-E.

Especially depending on your curriculum pathway and if that is the style of studying you'd prefer.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
all i know is there is a resident at Duke in Family Medicine from WVSOM.

wolverinepwns

Si vis pacem, para bellum
7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Asgard
Status
Resident [Any Field]
it depends what your learning style is. for me the winner out of those two would be lecom.

mri5005

5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Go where you're more comfortable, nobody else can make that decision for you. If you're not happy for 4 years, it doesn't matter where you are. Don't let cost make the entire decision for you. West Virginia's living expenses are much less than other places, so that will offset the higher tuition to an extent (albeit a small percentage). When you graduate, you will make enough money to pay your loans wherever you go.

Charlie Kelly

Wildcard
7+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2010
Paddy's Pub, Phillie, PA
Status
Medical Student
I chose LECOM because busy or not in medical school, I like people. 4,000 population in Lewisburg, West Virginia and 100,000 in Erie, Pennsylvania. I can only assume more people means a greater variety of clinical experiences and sheer volume (more education). Plus I'm down with the fitness center at LECOM-Erie.

Hottpants89

7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Greater population in Erie does not mean better rotations. If anything I would guess that they are worse because they don't pay the sites. West Virginia moves you out to one of 4 or 5 rotations sites for your 3rd and 4th years and their rotations are very good.

WhitJord85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Make a list of things/attributes that are most important to you... rank the schools... which ever has the best overall... go there

Nobody can tell YOU where YOU should go... Something that is really important to you, may be completely irrelevant to someone else... and vice versa.

Read the pros and cons of your school thread for more student input!