Where would you go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chkntony

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm deciding between WVSOM and touroCOM-NY. (Maybe LECOM-erie, interview next week)
Well, both of schools are not on top of my list, but these are only places I've had interview and accepted from. I got to make a decision by next week whether to turn down Touro.

I heard touro-ny's clinical rotation is horrible..
WVSOM is in nowhere! :confused::confused:

Your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm deciding between WVSOM and touroCOM-NY. (Maybe LECOM-erie, interview next week)
Well, both of schools are not on top of my list, but these are only places I've had interview and accepted from. I got to make a decision by next week whether to turn down Touro.

I heard touro-ny's clinical rotation is horrible..
WVSOM is in nowhere! :confused::confused:

Your thoughts?

WVSOM by far...

Members don't see this ad :)
is WVSOM tuition still a million dollars? go to the cheaper one...medical education is all what you make of it...the education is the same where ever you go. Try to get out with as little debt as you can.

WVSOM if I'm not a minority.

WVSOM.

I'm biased because I'm a student there.

LECOM-E if you get in...if not then WVSOM.

LECOM-E.

Especially depending on your curriculum pathway and if that is the style of studying you'd prefer.

all i know is there is a resident at Duke in Family Medicine from WVSOM.

it depends what your learning style is. for me the winner out of those two would be lecom.

Go where you're more comfortable, nobody else can make that decision for you. If you're not happy for 4 years, it doesn't matter where you are. Don't let cost make the entire decision for you. West Virginia's living expenses are much less than other places, so that will offset the higher tuition to an extent (albeit a small percentage). When you graduate, you will make enough money to pay your loans wherever you go.

I chose LECOM because busy or not in medical school, I like people. 4,000 population in Lewisburg, West Virginia and 100,000 in Erie, Pennsylvania. I can only assume more people means a greater variety of clinical experiences and sheer volume (more education). Plus I'm down with the fitness center at LECOM-Erie.

Greater population in Erie does not mean better rotations. If anything I would guess that they are worse because they don't pay the sites. West Virginia moves you out to one of 4 or 5 rotations sites for your 3rd and 4th years and their rotations are very good.

Make a list of things/attributes that are most important to you... rank the schools... which ever has the best overall... go there

Nobody can tell YOU where YOU should go... Something that is really important to you, may be completely irrelevant to someone else... and vice versa.

Read the pros and cons of your school thread for more student input!