Where You Went To School Matter?

Started by JoeNamaMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JoeNamaMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering as a future podiatrist, does it matter where I went to school to get my education? I have heard some programs are better than others. I am applying to Temple, Barry, Scholl, and DMU. I heard I have a good chance of getting some scholarship money to attend Barry. Would it be better to go other schools like Scholl?
 
Based on previous conversations, I have learned that all podiatry schools will provide you the tools needed to get where you want to be. However, as with any health profession, there will be no spoon feeding: you must put in work!

P.S. - Obviously, certain residency programs may favor graduates from specific schools, but that's the case in many health fields.
 
I was wondering as a future podiatrist, does it matter where I went to school to get my education? I have heard some programs are better than others. I am applying to Temple, Barry, Scholl, and DMU. I heard I have a good chance of getting some scholarship money to attend Barry. Would it be better to go other schools like Scholl?

It is no secret that within the profession, there are certain schools that are held in higher regards than others. Many refer to the "top tier" schools as seen in other threads. However, if you go to any of the schools AND DO WELL, you should be ok.

My opinion is that the difference between schools is found in the lowest common denominator. The top students would be the top students at any of the schools. But from what I have seen, those that are near the bottom of the class at the top tier schools seem to fare better than those near the bottom of the class at the other schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is no secret that within the profession, there are certain schools that are held in higher regards than others. Many refer to the "top tier" schools as seen in other threads. However, if you go to any of the schools AND DO WELL, you should be ok.

My opinion is that the difference between schools is found in the lowest common denominator. The top students would be the top students at any of the schools. But from what I have seen, those that are near the bottom of the class at the top tier schools seem to fare better than those near the bottom of the class at the other schools.

agreed. I feel like this is repeated every year. why can't people search the threads?😕😀
 
I was wondering as a future podiatrist, does it matter where I went to school to get my education? I have heard some programs are better than others. I am applying to Temple, Barry, Scholl, and DMU. I heard I have a good chance of getting some scholarship money to attend Barry. Would it be better to go other schools like Scholl?

Come to SCPM!!! 🙂

Chicago rocks!!! Plus it's a very friendly Pro-Podiatry town (and state).